In response to the Rendemy platform.

Hi Instructors,

We wanted to follow up and share an update regarding the pirate site, Rendemy, and the steps Udemy is taking to address the situation and safeguard your content.

Rendemy is in no way associated with Udemy and their use of our collective content is unauthorized and illegal. We know the deep value of the content you provide and have already taken several steps to resolve the situation, including: filing an abuse report with their registrar, sending a cease and desist letter to Rendemy which demands the immediate removal of all instructor-owned  content, and implementing additional technical safeguards to our platform such as API blocking for traffic coming from unauthorized sites like Rendemy and implementing appropriate API request limits to prevent similar future occurrences. 

We will continue to track Rendemy’s activities and pursue the paths outlined above to protect the IP of Udemy and our instructors . Thank you for flagging this in the community.

If you have additional questions, please contact our policy team directly at policy@udemy.com.

Comments

• FrankKane
    FrankKane Posts: 1,772 rolemodel rank

Thank you to everyone at Udemy for addressing this.

• Phew. That's a relief. Thank you !

I did a quick search and did not find any of my Courses there anymore. In fact there are hardly any Courses listed at all, so that's a good thing.

• Thanks

• KarolyNyisztor
    KarolyNyisztor Posts: 584 visionary rank
    edited August 31

Hi @RyanJaress ,
    Udemy did a fantastic job! Rendemy is practically empty now!
    I just checked, and none of my courses or any other authors I know are available there anymore.

Thanks for the swift and effective action!

Update Aug. 31, 2024: Unfortunately, rendemy still has some Udemy courses available. The search is broken, and the categories are empty, though. While there seems to be some progress, the issue isn't fully resolved.

Hope to see this pirate website gone for good soon! Keep up the great work in defending our intellectual property, Udemy.

• NinaW
    NinaW Posts: 24 trailblazer rank

Thank you for removing the Udemy classes from Rendemy.

I get notified whenever my name or my classes show up on a Google search, and I was never notified about Rendemy. I imagine the major marketing for sites like Rendemy would be on the dark web.

I hope Udemy also searches the dark web because with the swiftness Rendemy took huge amounts of Udemy's videos, they could just set up Udemy's classes in another dark corner, and possibly, with another website name.

• What a relief! Thank you for the update. I knew Udemy would prevail. Bad guys can only shine when the good guys don't do anything! More grease to your elbow. Thank you.

• Wow… this is scary stuff! And glad Udemy has handled it.

• My class is still pirated there!

• Thanks for keeping us updated on the Rendemy situation! It's reassuring to know that Udemy is taking proactive steps to protect our content and intellectual property. The actions you've taken so far, such as filing an abuse report, sending a cease and desist letter, and implementing technical safeguards, demonstrate your commitment to safeguarding our work.
    Please keep us informed about any further developments and progress in resolving this issue. Your efforts to prevent similar incidents in the future are also appreciated.
    Thanks again for your prompt attention to this matter and for supporting the Udemy instructor community!

• MarinaT
    MarinaT Posts: 1,884 Udemy rank

Hi @JosephPhillips,

I'm very sorry to hear that your course can still be found on this site. If you haven't done so yet, could you please submit a report through this form?

If you have any additional questions, I recommend contacting our policy team directly at policy@udemy.com.