Equipment recommendations, please

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment recommendations, please

Hello all! My home studio setup is coming along, and the only problem I'm having is with the actual video recording. I started out using the smartphone I got about a year ago (Samsung Galaxy Light). The result is pretty good, but I can NOT transfer the MP4 from the smartphone to my laptop computer. I've tried at least a dozen workarounds, and all have failed, so I'm starting to think about just buying a camcorder. If I go that route, I'm interested in knowing that brand of camcorder people use and/or would recommend. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Remembered that I bought a Logitech Pro Webcam in 2009! I tested it, and so far everything looks good--software reinstalled with no problem, and both audio and video are working. Now working on the "glare on glasses" issue, which probably means buying a soft light ring.

5 Replies
DeniseFletcher
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

@LoriStephen867Can you transfer them to Dropbox? or strainght into Camtasia?

DeniseFletcher
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I record from my iphone and don't have a problem  - how big are your videos?

I think I have resolved the problem. I learned from a rep at Best Buy to use the charger as a USB (i.e., plug the phone directly into my laptop). It worked! 🙂

Deni

i’m record also with my iPhone 

so you know where is the link to start to uploading the videos?

tksss

My phone is an android... so films are saved straight into my google account... I can view this from googles front page.... just click on the photos section and download them back to the laptop... have you already  tried this ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.