Has anyone experienced unusually slow video uploads recently?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone experienced unusually slow video uploads recently?

Go to solution

I have a course with lots of videos so I can remember a time when the uploads happened reasonably. But until recently any course video I try to upload takes an unusual amount of time. I'm trying to update my course and the biggest bottleneck I have right now is simply uploading videos to Udemy. A 1080p course video which is about 800 mb in size will take roughly 5+ hours to upload. So I went about testing my upload speed and it comes out at to around 13 to 14 mbps which isn't super fast but surely does not result in what I'm seeing. I tried uploading the same videos to YouTube and Facebook and the upload goes by very well - I don't see the same slow upload speed as I do on Udemy. I tried asking support but I did not get anything helpful. I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this problem and if there are any workarounds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi;

First upload your files in to Google Drive.

Then use bulk uploader to add it to your course easily without any problem in a couple of seconds!

It's great!

Regards;

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Go to solution

Hi;

First upload your files in to Google Drive.

Then use bulk uploader to add it to your course easily without any problem in a couple of seconds!

It's great!

Regards;

Go to solution

Thank you for this suggestion I was not aware I could do that.

GrahamNicholls
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I echo what @csking1981 said, I always upload to Google Drive first then it flys through the Bulk Uploader 👍

Go to solution

Thank you very much 😊 I will try by this way 

Go to solution

Could I ask you a question? Have you tried to upload the  your video while you are preparing the video on Udemy profile or uploading to U from your phone?  

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.