How loud should my audio be

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How loud should my audio be

I'm a new instructor on udemy. Can someone please advise how loud my audio should be at 100% volume from the speakers.  What should be the decibel limit that I should usually optimize my audio at.

Thank you,

and best wishes,

Bharat.

2 Replies

I use a program called AVS audio editor - it shows a wave form for my video and I can increase or decrease the volume accordingly. It also shows lines where sound will start to break if the wave form exceeds. I had lots of different sound levels by the time the audio recording for my course was completed and this helped me normalise everything. I can even open a video with it and just edit the audio file. Once things are as I want them it recuts the audio back into the video track. I have a short brand video I use in each lecture and the audio in this is what i level againsts for consistency.

Hello Damian,

Thanks for your inputs, I checked out AVS website, AVS has a lot of good export options and features too.  I am currently tied to a linux machine, so I use Audacity ( should have mentioned that beforehand), but anytime I get an opportunity to use Windows, I shall check out the tool.

In audacity, you get an idea about the decibel level of your audio when you record/play it ( a green meter) a similar one might be available on AVS too, havent got any idea though.

Hence I was asking for the max/peak decibel level for the entire audio track.

regards,

Bharat.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.