How often should I share free coupons of my course ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often should I share free coupons of my course ?

Go to solution

Hello, dears, 

I have recently published my course it is doing good so far, I have shared a free coupon on launch, it has been a more than a month, these days my sales are dropping down, I was thinking to share another free coupon. I just want to know what are the downsides of it. and how often should I share free coupons? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

I don't see any point in doing this, unless you are hoping for more ratings and reviews. If you had additional courses available (which I see you don't), then you could possibly sell your additional courses to those new students who take the free coupon from your other course.

I do this on occasion. I just offered a free coupon on one of my 10 courses. I got 175 new students in  three days. These are solid students that very well may purchase some of my other courses. I'll know in a couple weeks when I next run a promotion.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Go to solution

What do you expect to achieve by providing free coupons? What do you expect from these students?

Go to solution

I don't see any point in doing this, unless you are hoping for more ratings and reviews. If you had additional courses available (which I see you don't), then you could possibly sell your additional courses to those new students who take the free coupon from your other course.

I do this on occasion. I just offered a free coupon on one of my 10 courses. I got 175 new students in  three days. These are solid students that very well may purchase some of my other courses. I'll know in a couple weeks when I next run a promotion.

Go to solution

The point of offering free coupons is to build an audience and get reviews.  That is really the only point I feel.  Then hopefully as Randy suggests, you get some sales on your other courses.  I feel with Udemy you need to slowly build a following.  That is difficult at first, hence the offer of free coupons for your courses.  Just my take.

Go to solution

I checked your profile and it seems, your courses are already functioning fine in the market place. As such, I wouldn't hand out many free coupons. From experience I know that reviews from free coupons are worse than paid ones, so you will bring your course rating average down when you issue many free coupons. 

Free coupons are only a solution for those who need to get reviews and social proof and currently lack that. With almost 10k reviews, you do not fall in that category. 

Best regards,

Maz

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors