How to Download My Own Video

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Download My Own Video

Go to solution

Just like the title says... is there a way that I can download my own videos? I think I lost a few somewhere on my hard drive. Thanks!

GT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Just wanted to update this thread - Udemy support answered my question. There is a way for us to download and I've confirmed that it works without a water mark. Here are the instructions. 

To download your videos just follow these steps:

1. Go to the instructor dashboard
2. Click on the course
3. Click on the curriculum section
4. Click on the lecture you want to download
5. Click on preview
6. Click on "as instructor"
7. Click on the gear icon in the video
8. Click on download
9. Repeat the same process for each video you want to download

View solution in original post

27 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Yes @GTHill922 , we have all done that at some time! Go to Curriculum, go to the lecture, preview in Instructor mode. Then once it opens look to the bottom right hand corner and you will see a download option.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@SharonRamel,

Does this download without the Udemy watermark?

Thanks,

---Brian

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@GTHill922,

I have the same situation in which I've lost some early work.

The best that I've found is to mark the lectures you want as downloadable while editing your Cirriculum, then display the lecture as a student and choose download from the options.  The problem with this approach is that you get the Udemy watermark on your download.

Hoping someone (probably at Udemy) provides a better options.

---Brian

SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@Anonymous @With the watermark. 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Ack!  Thanks... Sigh... ---Brian

Go to solution

Hi,

I use bulk uploader from Google Drive.

So when i lost something i can easily download it from Google Drive!

Google Drive is up to 15 GB free so no cost at all.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@csking1981.

I'm with you on Google Drive now, but not 5 years ago when I began with this Udemy venture that I wasn't sure would take off.  My fault for not taking better care of my sourse :-(.

---Brian

Go to solution

Brian:

I'm agree with you to have safe copy of our videos .

Because Google is not trustable too much and maybe it disconnect Google Drive in future or take some fee for that like his other technologies!

Go to solution

Just wanted to update this thread - Udemy support answered my question. There is a way for us to download and I've confirmed that it works without a water mark. Here are the instructions. 

To download your videos just follow these steps:

1. Go to the instructor dashboard
2. Click on the course
3. Click on the curriculum section
4. Click on the lecture you want to download
5. Click on preview
6. Click on "as instructor"
7. Click on the gear icon in the video
8. Click on download
9. Repeat the same process for each video you want to download

Go to solution

Oh, I wanted to add that you won't see the gear in step 7 until you press play on your own video. Thanks!

GT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@GTHill922,

Super find.

So I guess doing this "as instructor" is the key to not getting the Udemy watermark.  This is strange because I though all the "processing your video" time involved putting the watermark on the video and that would then be the only version Udemy would store.

Thanks for sharing this -- very handy.

---Brian

Go to solution

I actually just did this and found that the watermark is still there... Any insight?

Go to solution

Hi, 

thank you for the instructions. The video size is super small, not usable at all. 

Did anybody else experience this? What can I do to get normal size of the video?

Kind regards,

Jana

Go to solution

Hi Jana,

I think you also have to select first the highest resolution. When it is on 'Auto', it is possible it will downpload the smallest resolution. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Bernard

Go to solution

Are you aware of any other methods to get your own files back without the watermark? I've tried the Instructor Mode but it still has a watermark

Go to solution

Hi, did you find a solution to the video size being super small? There isn't an option to download at a higher quality so that won't work for me. It's no use being so small! thanks x

Go to solution

Is this method outdated? I'm following and still receiving watermarks... 

What am I missing?

Go to solution

I am also getting super small size when downloading and also have watermark in the video.

Go to solution

Hi @AnkushThavali , you can contact the team at instructorsupport@udemy.com so they can further assist you with your video issue. 

Go to solution

My students are trying to download my videos, but they only have the 720p option and not 1080p.

How to download the 1080p version? 720p isn't good enough since we're doing programming and they need to be able to clearly read the text.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.