How to mute keyboard sound?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to mute keyboard sound?

Hi all,

thanks in advance for your response.

I am wondering how can I mute the keyboard sound. I record my screen and then generate a .mp4 from OBS and all the sound of my keyboard appears in my videos.
I would like to type and talk at the same time without keyboard sound. Are there ways to do it? How can I configure my video recording studio?.

I am working  with Blue Yeti, OBS and Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Ciro.

4 Replies
Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I just have a quiet keyboard Logitech 750 solar. 

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

Thank you for your help. I will try this keyboard.

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

It can also help to mount your microphone on a boom arm with a shock mount. That way, the vibrations from your keyboard won't be transmitted directly to the mic. 

I guess this is the best way to do it. The Blue Yeti is renowned to pick up noises. If you want to use it, it is better to mount it on a boom arm.

If you can give up the Blue Yeti, then I would suggest using a headphone with a mic - I have recently bought Sennheiser PC8 mic which is just awesome for my videos that I record screen and myself talking. You may check that as well.

All the best!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.