How to record hands writing? (VideoScribe like but real hands)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to record hands writing? (VideoScribe like but real hands)

Go to solution

Hi,

I would like your help on equipment I need in order to record hands writing.

Something like VideoScribe or Udacity (https://youtu.be/ObU3Q6TCsDU)

Thanks in advance!

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hypnodan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I used to use VideoScribe for making hand writing type videos, now I have Doodly which is much cheaper. If you specifically want to record your own hands I assume you will need a white surface, lights to light the surface evenly without shadows in the way, your camera attached to something above the paper, etc., probably similar to this set up...

All the best

Dan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hypnodan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I used to use VideoScribe for making hand writing type videos, now I have Doodly which is much cheaper. If you specifically want to record your own hands I assume you will need a white surface, lights to light the surface evenly without shadows in the way, your camera attached to something above the paper, etc., probably similar to this set up...

All the best

Dan

Go to solution

Hi, 

I am planning a course which will include hand writing. I will use my iPad

and a stylus to write. I will use the app PAPER as the background. It has a number of different pens you can use and then I will record the lot using the  screen recording function of the iPad. 

Go to solution

Any suggestions for a smartphone that could also accompany the whole setup and be relatively cheap for good quality of video?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.