I've uploaded 1080p content and the content max resolution is 720p

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've uploaded 1080p content and the content max resolution is 720p

I decided to update my content and create new videos recording them with 1080p resolution.

Some of the videos can be watched in 1080p, some of them cannot be, because there is no option to choose from in the bottom right corner of Udemy player.

What can I do to make sure my students are able watch ALL of them in 1080p?

720p version is a bit blurred...

Best regards

5 Replies

Hey Arkadiusz,

I had the same problem with my courses. Send email to : instructorsupport@udemy.com and ask them to increase the video quality to 1080p.

All the new courses automatically has 720p quality (which is not nice) 

"All the new courses automatically has 720p quality (which is not nice) "

So there is no way to upgrade quality to 1080p in new courses?

As far as I understand, they keep the original videos and do not enable 1080p automatically. You need to send them an email and ask if they can enable 1080p. It worked for me.

There is. But you have to ask for the instructor support to do it for you after you have uploaded your videos. After that, you have to ask for every new video you upload. It's just a way for Udemy to save bandwidth. It sucks (hey, it's 2021), but that's how it is.

Isn't it hilarious how Udemy now takes 67% of our sales, but still doesn't give us 1080p option? They take more of our hard-earned money, but keep the video quality the same LOL!

This is called GREED and it's why most people hate capitalism.

Udemy needs a competitor. They will continue to screw us creators until a new course website pops up that gets significant traffic...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.