Is there any Microphone that does not require audio editing?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any Microphone that does not require audio editing?

Go to solution

Just curious to know whether anyone here is using a microphone that does not require any audio processing.

When i record in night i have no background noise. After recording audio, i generally need to do audio editing functions such as Bass Boost and treble boost to make the audio sound more professional.

I have used Blue Yeti and lavalier microphones in the past.

Is there any microphone that does not require these functions and the only operation required is just noise removal if any?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I've never done any processing on my audio, and have an instructor review score over 4.5 from hundreds of thousands of happy students. Perhaps it isn't really necessary. I used a Blue Yeti for years, and lately have been using a Shure SM7B.

If you just want to boost bass and treble, you could run an XLR mic into a mixer that has EQ knobs. That way the "processing" would be done before your audio is even captured. I use a Mackie ProFX8 mixer which can do this, but I still leave the EQ flat. Nobody's ever complained about the audio quality.

You can also influence the sound of your mic just by varying your distance to it. If you want a warmer sound, just get closer to the mic.

It may be that you simply have higher standards than your students do, or have different expectations for what "good" audio sounds like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I've never done any processing on my audio, and have an instructor review score over 4.5 from hundreds of thousands of happy students. Perhaps it isn't really necessary. I used a Blue Yeti for years, and lately have been using a Shure SM7B.

If you just want to boost bass and treble, you could run an XLR mic into a mixer that has EQ knobs. That way the "processing" would be done before your audio is even captured. I use a Mackie ProFX8 mixer which can do this, but I still leave the EQ flat. Nobody's ever complained about the audio quality.

You can also influence the sound of your mic just by varying your distance to it. If you want a warmer sound, just get closer to the mic.

It may be that you simply have higher standards than your students do, or have different expectations for what "good" audio sounds like.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors