Lavalier USB Mics

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lavalier USB Mics

Hello all - I've just joined and of course looking for some advice. I have an Uhuru mic and am having trouble with recording levels being too low. It's too quiet unless it is right in front of me and I'd like to keep it off screen. So I'm thinking of a Lavalier mic. Can anyone recommend one with USB to plug straight into laptop? I'll be doing talking head stuff so need reasonabe quality. I don't need top end! All input appreciated.

3 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @StephenRWar158 I was able to find some useful post about what microphone is best according to your needs, please check out these posts :

What microphone do you use? 

Let's talk about microphones here!

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

@StephenRWar158  Have a look into shotgun microphones. They are designed to pick up sound from a distance and so are out of the way of the camera. 

Microphones do that when they are broken or going bad. I personally learned my lesson to only buy good quality or spend hours sound editing and repurchase every few months. Audiotechnica is lower budget but great reviews. I love my Rode Lavalier and need zero editing with it. You can always use a boom mic stand over your desk to hide the microphone. No matter the mic we normally increase our audio levels 200-400% in editing since we do not know the student's speaker situation.

I am not a fan of a shotgun mic except when I must be 15 feet from camera for yoga not talking head. I like your lavalier idea or desktop mic.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.