My Udemy Instructor Account is at Risk , I need Help

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Udemy Instructor Account is at Risk , I need Help

Greeting fellow instructors

My name is Innocent Sunday

I am full time online entrepreneur , I recently create my online programming tutorial platform known as claspace.com , the site is yet to be lunch

I have a team of professional who made video courses for me. I decide to upload one of the course made for my prelunch website claspace.com to my Udemy instructor account

I got email from udemy trust & safety saying

" We have noticed that your course(s) features persons other than yourself. Could you please explain why this is?

Please let us know at your earliest convenience. If we do not hear back from you in the next 7 days, your course and/or account may be disabled.

"

How do I go about this , please I need help

I obtain all the legal right to used the video I used which was embedded with site logo I am the CEO of of this prelunch website www.claspace.com

I need a proper massage guide to reply to Udemy trust & safety team
To avoid my Instructor account from be Disabled

Please I need help of what massage to reply to udemy trust & safety team

Thanks

8 Replies

Hi @InnocentSun859 

In this case, it's best to follow up with the team's email. They can better assist you with all your questions or any doubts you may have! 

Alright, thanks for your reply  please suggest what kind of massage do I need to send to the team that, they  will not suspended my instructor account,  I don't want my instructor account to be suspended, thanks 

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I think there are a lot of confusing things going on here. You appear to be trying to promote an online course platform that is your own, and which would obviously be in competition with Udemy. Why do you think that is OK? Instructors should not be promoting competition for Udemy on Udemy's site. You seem to want to use Udemy to take business away from Udemy. Most of us instructors send customers to Udemy because we view ourselves as Udemy's partners. 

The issue of other instructors is a separate issue. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Alright, thanks for your reply  sir, now I realized my mistake please suggest what kind of massage do I need to send to the team that, they  will not suspended my instructor account, I can delete or removed the suspected course, I don't want my instructor account to be suspended, thanks

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I would remove any links to outside platforms that compete with Udemy. You can send students to a website that provides additional educational (not marketing) material. But, I think you need to get guidance from Udemy officially. I am just another instructor.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thanks for your time

I suggested if I removed the course from the draft, can it be offensive

The problem with Udemy trust and safety team , they are not friendly they take decision without consideration , honestly am afraid to reply their massage 

If i understand the issue here: its that the video has some other trainer delivering instead of you. If you are a training company having license over your courses then mention that to the Udemy team, they would formally want an affidavit sent across once they are convinced, the matter ends there.

Whether you have another website where you intend to sell is not the issue here, the issue is whether you have the rights over the courses you are uploading according to what i read in your message here.

A course could have more than one author. Add yourself also as a course author. That might be another option you should try.

Biju Joseph

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.