My Udemy account was banned permanently

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Udemy account was banned permanently

Hello,

I had my Udemy account banned permanently because I was not able to replace in time some content of one course, which I was updating. I need my account back, so I can update and replace that content. Please, give me more time to replace and update that specific course.

Here is a sum-up of what happened.

- Days ago I had posted a bonus material to my English course, which was considered copyrighted.

- They sent me a message to remove it. And I immediately did it .

- April 1st they sent me another email, telling me to complete my course.

- April 7th my Udemy account was banned permanently because I had not replaced that specific content.

I have been an instructor here for more than 36 months.

Is there anyone there that can help me?

13 Replies

Maybe @Abbie can

Hey, if someone banned from Udemt, is he allowed to create new account and start from zero? with new videos topics and subjects

Hey, if someone banned from Udemt, is he allowed to create new account and start from zero? with new videos topics and subjects

Anonymous
Not applicable

No

In my case, they should have given me more time to re-upload and solve this issue. I am a graduated teacher, and I was not fooling around. I would have re-uploaded that content, if I had more time. This policy is stupid and does not solve the problem, because applying that means that my students will no longer get their video classes back. I am suing Udemy here in Brazil.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You stole copyrighted material. In my opinion, you shouldn't have even received a warning. I have no tolerance for content thieves. I can't imagine any court would side with someone who was banned for copyright infringement.

@legalidiomas - You are going to sue Udemy? You will spend more in lawyer fees than you could hope to make on Udemy. That is if Brazilian attorneys charge what US attorneys charge. BTW, what exactly did Udemy ban you for doing?

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

You are suing Udemy in Brazil? Do you really think that is a smart move?

This is a private company that is free to make and enforce their policies as they wish. You are guest in their house. You have no "right" to publish anything here. That kind of adversarial approach is not the way to succeed in business. Treat Udemy as a partner, talk them as a mature adult and listen to them. That will be much more successful.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Hey does anyone know, i had 2600 dollars on my account, in 5 days there would be payment time, will I get money or not? I mean I had money on my account, what is going to happen to that money 

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Why were you banned?

You have seemed to have posted this same question over and over in this forum. Not a great thing to do to be honest.

Richard Callaby, CTT+ Trainer, Published Author, and YouTuber

Hi,
Udemy ban all my courses and I can't login. Ban me with no explications. I dont know why I am ban.
I want an explication why I ban and what I have done wrong.. Because I did nothing. I need my account back!
will I have my account back?

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nuno.936, thank you for reaching out to us regarding this. I'm sorry to hear your account was banned. Here in the community, we do not have access to account-specific information or the ability to unban accounts. We kindly request you to contact our Trust and Safety team at policy@udemy.com with your account details and any relevant information you may have. They will be able to provide you with more information on the reason for your account ban and address any concerns you may have.

Thank you for your cooperation!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.