Problems creating first video

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems creating first video

I'm having a difficult getting my first video to display correctly. My monitor resolution is 1920 x 1080. I'm using Camtasia 9 to video my screen. I was told, when I submitted a video for testing, that I should produce an MP4 file that is 1280 x 720. In Camtasia I have my Size settings set as follows:

Image.jpg

But, when the video is generated, it doesn't look very good, as you can see below:

Image2.jpg

The image looks too tall and not wide enough. Could someone tell me what I might be doing wrong? I've spent a lot of time on this and I can't seem to get it right.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a video in 1920x1080 and then rendering in 1280x720 is always going to look terrible. Render it in 1920x1080 and submit it - OR - record it in 1280x720 and render in 1280x720.

The problem with the second option is that if 1280x720 isn't the native resolution for your monitor, it wll still look fuzzy. Best to go with the first option.

KarolyNyisztor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Always record your screen at the resolution of your expected output. So, if you want to create an HD video, switch the resolution of your screen to 1280 x 720.
You can do that on Windows in System Preferences. If you're on a Mac, use an app like QuickRes.

Karoly Nyisztor - Software Engineer, Author, Entrepreneur, and Life Hacker
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.