Record Screen or Record Voice the combine

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record Screen or Record Voice the combine

Go to solution

I'm planning a course in which there is 50% of ppt slideshows with a script, Should I record the script then add the ppt slideshow images in the editing phase, or should I just record the screen in the full-screen powerpoint form!

What I meant to ask! is the audio better when concentrating on reading the script and storing it in audio format! then add the images to the audio afterward

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

If you have a script, why not just copy the script for each slide in the notes area of Powerpoint. If you have two monitors, you can read the notes while capturing the slides from the other monitor. Much quicker that way. You can even give yourself little reminders in the script of when to click to activate an animation or something.

If you don't have two monitors, consider just printing out the script on paper.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

If you have a script, why not just copy the script for each slide in the notes area of Powerpoint. If you have two monitors, you can read the notes while capturing the slides from the other monitor. Much quicker that way. You can even give yourself little reminders in the script of when to click to activate an animation or something.

If you don't have two monitors, consider just printing out the script on paper.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@EduEngTeam 

I never record from a script.  Lack of originality/spontinaity... I have many reasons.

I love working from PowerPoint slides.

Instead of writing a script, use PowerPoint slide bullets as talking points and adlib.

You'll achieve much more engaging delivery.

Drive your PowerPoint bullet points down to the level of detail you require to recall your talking points.

The downside to PowerPoint slides is that they take time to create.  Still, they're my preferred method to record (even to the extent of embedding screen snapshots into PowerPoint slides to streamline my presentation.

Hope this helps,

---Brian

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors