Resell

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resell

Hello, My question is If I brought a Course from Udemy ,Then can I sell that to my friends or followers ?

5 Replies
AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

No, you cannot.  Your friends or followers need to purchase it from Udemy.

Hi,

If you'd like to share a course with friends or family, you could consider sharing a link to the course on Udemy or sending a Udemy course as a gift. Learn more about how to do that here: "How to Send or Redeem a Udemy Gift." 

Instructors put a lot of time and effort into making the course beneficial to students like you, so please do keep that in consideration!  

Hi Kevin,

I had a student purchase my course as a gift for someone the other day and found that I received only 30% of the revenue. Is that what I should expect? I wanted to bring this question to support actually, but seems like support@udemy is no longer an option. Would appreciate your guideance.

Hey David,

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. I do know that some purchase channels will result in different percentages (e.g., Apple and Google have a 30% fee on the total sale). You could try opening the single transaction view (2nd to last section in linked article) in your revenue report to see what channel and platform the purchase was made on. 

The general Instructor Revenue Share amounts for the most common sources of revenue can be found here.

You can try contacting instructorsupport@udemy.com for additional help if the revenue information doesn't seem to be lining up together. 

Super helpful, Kevin. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.