Talking Head Audio Configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talking Head Audio Configuration

Go to solution

Hello all. I've used a Blue Yeti for screencasts in the past but now I need to make some talking head videos and I'm wondering about the best audio configuration. I intend to use my iPhone as the camera which will be positioned a few feet in front of me. Should I go for a clip-on mic with a cable connection to the phone? Or do wireless mics work well so that I don't have to consider the cable? Or is there some other confirguration / device I'm not considering? I also want to minimize editing time as I'm not particaurly skilled in that so I'd prefer not to have to sync audio to video manually. I don't have a huge budget so I'm looking for mid-range options at best. Thanks, Gary  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@GaryThomson 

You can easily find a lav mic that will plug in to your phone directly. I don't think you need a wireless mic at this stage if you're going to be close to the phone. Just remember you're plugged in when you get up and start walking after you record 😄 Look for microphone recommendations in this thread: https://community.udemy.com/t5/A-V-Solutions/What-microphone-do-you-use/m-p/2056.

Lav mic are rather cheap and efficient for what you are going to do, learn about their limitations and practice a little before recording for real. If you're on iPhone, I'd recommend getting the Filmic Pro app, it gives you good flexibility to record audio and video. 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@GaryThomson 

You can easily find a lav mic that will plug in to your phone directly. I don't think you need a wireless mic at this stage if you're going to be close to the phone. Just remember you're plugged in when you get up and start walking after you record 😄 Look for microphone recommendations in this thread: https://community.udemy.com/t5/A-V-Solutions/What-microphone-do-you-use/m-p/2056.

Lav mic are rather cheap and efficient for what you are going to do, learn about their limitations and practice a little before recording for real. If you're on iPhone, I'd recommend getting the Filmic Pro app, it gives you good flexibility to record audio and video. 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors