cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talking Head video editing

Good evening everyone,

Hope you're all well.

A query that I can't seem to get an answer to;

I'm creating my first course and the next step is to start video recording the lectures but I have no idea in which direction to look at the camera so when the recording is played back it looks as if I'm looking at the students and not at the corner of the camera. Hope this makes sense.

I'm using a Nexus Ipad which has a great recording quality but everytime I record a video and play it back I'm not making eye contact. I've tried all postions and rule of third but no success, it just seems that I'm looking away to a top corner rather than directly at my students.

I have searched every where for tips but to no avail.

Any suggestions will be be fully appreciated

Gracias everyone

2 Replies
TameraDion
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

The best way to make it look like eye contact is to look directly in the lens-though I have noticed on things like my phone and ipad, when trying to get a selfie or something like that, if I am using the front facing camera, if I look at my forehead when recording it looks like I am making eye contact. Generally though, when recording, look directly into the center of the lens for the eye contact look.

*Brains behind Jason Dion*

Thank you TameraDion,

I will give this a go.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. 

Best wishes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.