Test video

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test video

Hi all, 

I sent the attached test video and was told that my audio has a lot of static but I wasn't sure what that meant. I asked but haven't received a response. Can you please tell me? Is it the "s" sound? If so, I can probably get rid of it with a pop filter. If not, please let me know how I can get rid of it. I am using a blue yeti mic and logitech webcam. I edited the clip with Windows Photos. 

Please also let me know if you have any other feedback for me. Thanks

4 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

,@RoshaniPand949 , do you happen to know what quality the sound was exported as? It sounds a little tin-y but I wonder if it’s actually a compression issue (too much compression, too low quality). How far is the microphone from you when you record? 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

@GregReverdiau  Thank you for your response. I have no idea. How do I check that? The mic was about 10 inches away. The volume actually sounds okay to me. 

GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

@RoshaniPand949 , it is likely too far, which means you have to push the gain too high then lose quality. The Blue Yeti is often recommended to people who first start but is not always appropriate for their setup. If the mic is that far, you should use a different type of mic like a boom mic or a lavalier mic. Another option is to bring the mic much closer to you, possibly even have it in frame. 

One thing I learned over my time on Udemy is to learn as much as you can about audio. It is often brushed to the side but makes a world of a difference in a course. 

Best of luck! 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Hi @RoshaniPand949 ! I think the issue might be too much gain, And a pop filter would help with the popping but I think you should try turning down the gain first. Im no expert at this but thats just what I think might be the issue.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.