Using jpeg versions of slides with 'talking head' in video?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using jpeg versions of slides with 'talking head' in video?

Hi all,
I am new here and thinking about the process of creating my first course.
I have video editing software and I have PowerPoint slides. I want to mix 'talking head' clips with my slides. I was thinking of creating jpeg versions of slides, adding voiceover audio to them in the video editing software, and mixing them with talking head footage in between slides. I want to know if jpeg versions of slides with text will be of sufficient quality or how can I ensure that? Any other advice welcome.

2 Replies

Hi @AnnettePoro814, let's say you're recording your video in Full HD (1920x1080), which I would recommend, then you should take the screenshots of the slides at least in the same resolution (1920x1080 px). If that's the case, I'm sure it will be of sufficient quality!

Pro tip: Try to avoid editing the jpg file and saving it again because every time you save a jpg file it loses quality. 

hello!

can you use Camtasia and record your screen as well as audio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.