Vertical smartphone filming!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical smartphone filming!

Wouldn’t it be a good idea for the Udemy platform to enable vertical film clips? So many today are watching their films on their smartphones. Personally I find that my presentation and introduction of myself works better in vertical form. Not only because I can do a standing presentation as a teacher but also because I have vertical art and display behind me that would be lost in a ‘landscape’ format. 

What do you all think? Is it something that Udemy can do?

-Bjorn

3 Replies

Hi;

Welcome to our community.

I suggest you send a test video for Udemy review team and ask them .

They are realy great team and tell you every thing about your video and teaching.

Regards;

But then what would you do for all those watching on their computers?
They would get black bars on both sides?
My take is, anything that you can film in portrait, you can also film in landscape and get much more in the frame (assuming of course that you have enough room to go back to capture everything in the frame).

Hi @BjornSensei, a warm welcome from all of us!

As @csking1981 mentioned, you can ask our team by emailing instructorsupport@udemy.com. They'll clear out any doubt or questions you may have. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.