What camera do you use?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What camera do you use?

Just curious to see what everyone else is using!

I’ll start- I use the a Canon C100 Mark II.

I started out using a Canon 70D.

Your turn! GO!

19 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I was using a Nikon D800 or D810, but I have converted to Fujifilm (having nothing to do with video recording) and now use my XH-1. In truth, any modern DSLR or Mirrorless will record excellent video. I think the choice really depends on what else you use the camera for. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

I started using my Nokia Lumia 920, and recorded a course and a half with that phone.

Now I use a Nikon D3400, and have re-recorded most of the videos with it.

As Lawrence mentioned, I got the camera for my photographing activities, and as a bonus I get to record better videos for my courses.

I use an iPhone XS! Records very well, on 4K. Color accuracy is quite good with some external lighting, so no issues with greenscreening.

TameraDion
Community Champion

We just moved to a Canon XA11 and LOVE it. We are now able to hook Jason's lapel mic (I believe he is using a Sennheiser MKE2-P-C Lav mic.) directly to the camera and no longer need to sync audio and video. Once we are done with the current course we are recording we will be working on better green screen lighting to get a cleaner key in post!

*Brains behind Jason Dion*

I use the Canon 5D Mark IV, my question is what mic. is best for recording on location outdoors from a distance from camera. I use a Blue Yeti for screen recordings.

This is a great wireless mic for use with a dslr with mic input:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0148V8A8K/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sony 4K Handycam, though I've been using it mostly for stills admittedly!

GregReverdiau
Community Champion

Panasonic GH5 (with Sennheiser MKE600 connected to a H4N) for me but mostly because I use it for my filming business as well. Love that camera! 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

😍😘

GoPro hero 3+

I used to use the Logitech c690 webcam but a coiple of years ago I used some of my Udemy income to purchase a Nikon D5600.  I really like the screen that can be rotated out so that I see myself as I film.  It's a brilliant camera and I have never looked back.  

Unfortuantely, I am now addicted to buying more and more kit for it. 

Juriy
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

@PhilEbiner same here! I'm also a huge fan of C100 MK-II, I love that camera. 
I also use Canon 6D and Canon Legria HF G25 ( a very descent camcoder )

Canon EOS 800 D for now 🙂

C100 MK1 😉

Canon 5d3

Couple of Panasonic bridge cameras for 4k work.

Thor
Community Champion

Logitech C930, GoPro 4 ehhh 5 something, Phone camera 20ish MP. 
Go!

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

Hey @Thor , what do you like about Logitech C930?

Thor
Community Champion

At the time it was easy, clean enough image. 
I have since moved on to a Canon AX11 camera. 

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

My wife films my headshots for me and uses a Canon 70d. We've just bought a couple of lights and hoping to try them out tomorrow. Curious  to see how big a difference they make. 

Which lights did you purchase?

"Which lights did you purchase?"

Hi. The lights we bought are, Yonguo YN 300 Air. We know very little about lights so please don't take this as a recommendation. 

We tried them out yesterday and they are an improvement on what we had before. I wouldn't say that the difference is night and day, but we're happy with the result. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.