What do you do to remove background noise?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do to remove background noise?

Go to solution
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

I use Camtasia software. Awesome for recording courses.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Go to solution

I use Camtasia software. Awesome for recording courses.

Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I have towels/plywood/towels over the window. 
I then have 2 places I record.

1. Talking heads is 2-4 in the morning, only time of the day that there are few helicopters, ambulances, harleys, and the 50 other things we have here downtown.
  2. Lectures without talking heads I do in a closet, yes my closet is also sound insulated, with that I only have to stop/re-record when military helicopters, ambulances and harleys come by.

With that I still need to edit a good deal out, and of course do noice reduction in Audacity. 

I have to admit I am somewhat envious of the instructors who have a very quiet environment, and that is definitely on the must-have list for when we buy a house here.

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

Go to solution

I have a fairly quiet place to film, but to get rid of wind, traffic, and computer fan noise, I've found that a shotgun mic mostly does the trick. Any background noise that's left, I can pretty easily eliminate with Audacity using the Noise Removal plugin and maybe a noise gate if the noise is too embedded in the audio.

vinod
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Go to solution

I was using iMovie for editing and now using Camtasia for the same. Although I don't have an outdoor shooting, the mic captures the noice of the ceiling fan which sounds just like the background noice on your video. 

Both iMovie and Camtasia have a provision to reduce this ambience noice. I use them and it just works for me.

Vinod.

Go to solution

I am now using Built-in zoom and my voice cancelling and then adaptive noise restoration is adobe premiere pro. It improves the video a lot. I have a sony FDR-AX33.

Go to solution

hello 

I use an audacity program to remove it 

Go to solution

Have been in similar situation where i tried few things like using a very closed room or using zoom inbuilt cancellation,but more efficient then it found recently a nice AI based tool named Krisp ,which helps cancel all types of background noise with its advanced algorithms.

Give it a try,would be surely helpful. 

Go to solution

I made this video showing how I get clean audio into my recording software and reduce the time it takes to edit after the fact. 

I hope it helps and I am open to other suggestions and questions that you might have. 

Record Clean Audio  

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors