When to charge your course ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to charge your course ?

Go to solution

Hi everyone !!

I offered my first course for free on udemy 2 days back. I am waiting for a suitable amount of students to register so that i can charge my course. How many students should register after which i should start charging my course? Of it's 2000 students but i did not receive feedback yet. Should i start charging ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hey there!

Congratulations on publishing your course.

You do not need to wait for a specific number of students to reach in order to put a price on your course. You can do in now or later. 

Publishing your course for free and then changing it to paid, is a tactic to get positive reviews by students who registered for your course for free. It is a psychological trick, if you get something for free, then expectations will be low and given the product (your course) is of high quality, then positive reviews will come in.

There are two things to keep in mind when toggling your course from free to pain and back:

1- If you change the status of your course more than once (free to paid then paid to free), you will not be able to send any promotional and educational emails to your students. These emails are proven strategies to boost your course marketing and sales. 

2- The students who have registered in your course for free, will have unlimited access to your course as long as your course is online. They will never pay a dime. They are just there to publicize your course and that's it.

Hope that answers your question.

Muslim Helalee

Muslim Helalee - Full Stack Web Developer and Instructor

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Happy to help

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Go to solution

Hey there!

Congratulations on publishing your course.

You do not need to wait for a specific number of students to reach in order to put a price on your course. You can do in now or later. 

Publishing your course for free and then changing it to paid, is a tactic to get positive reviews by students who registered for your course for free. It is a psychological trick, if you get something for free, then expectations will be low and given the product (your course) is of high quality, then positive reviews will come in.

There are two things to keep in mind when toggling your course from free to pain and back:

1- If you change the status of your course more than once (free to paid then paid to free), you will not be able to send any promotional and educational emails to your students. These emails are proven strategies to boost your course marketing and sales. 

2- The students who have registered in your course for free, will have unlimited access to your course as long as your course is online. They will never pay a dime. They are just there to publicize your course and that's it.

Hope that answers your question.

Muslim Helalee

Go to solution

Thanks for your guidance!!

Really grateful...

Go to solution

Happy to help

Go to solution

Thanks for your opinion !

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.