Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Which teleprompter do you use?

Go to solution

I am looking for a slightly large teleprompter, have a 12" now. 

What do you use?

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GregReverdiau
Community Champion

Go to solution

Oh yeah, I've used SmartPrompt. As long as it can flip the image vertically natively, it should work fine then. 

Here are some pictures of my setup. It's actually much simpler than the one I built before. This requires no tools, you just need a way to hold the screen under the camera at the right eight. I built my own tripod but Amazon has very simple laptop tripods/tray that I've used before building this. 

For the glass, I'm using an old iMac glass but if you have a frame (or buy a frame), you can use that glass (no plexi though). Notice the high-tech piece of balsa wood that hold the screen at the correct angle. Note that the sound insulating tiles are not there to insulate anything, they just make the screen darker. 

IMG_3482.jpgIMG_3483.jpgIMG_3480.jpgIMG_3481.jpg

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion

Go to solution

Which software do you use right now for yours? I have done something different and made my own but it may not work for everyone as it depends on how you use it. 

I basically use an older computer screen, connected to an Apple TV. You can use an HDMI or VGA cable from your computer to connect to it if it's close. I use a piece of glass on which I have put some reflective film (provided for free by a nice local window tinting shop), with a small hole for my camera lens (so it doesn't change the brightness getting to my camera). 

If you have a software on your computer, you can easily send that info to the separate screen using the cable (and using it as a second screen). I use the Apple TV with Airplay and simply flip the screen using a bit of manipulation (that's the part that's cumbersome for some people). My material is only slides so it's easy to flip it over. 

The result is a rather cheap teleprompter that's easily put together and easy to read. 

- Greg

Thor
Community Champion

Go to solution

Thank you Greg, I am leaning towards something like that, but I am currently somewhere with limited tools, didn't you do a writeup/video on how you made yours?

Just not wanting to spend $1,000+ to get something bigger at this point, but would get a teleprompter that is over 12". 

The monitor idea should work, currently using SmartPrompt, I really like it as it auto scrolls the text as I speak. 

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer
GregReverdiau
Community Champion

Go to solution

Oh yeah, I've used SmartPrompt. As long as it can flip the image vertically natively, it should work fine then. 

Here are some pictures of my setup. It's actually much simpler than the one I built before. This requires no tools, you just need a way to hold the screen under the camera at the right eight. I built my own tripod but Amazon has very simple laptop tripods/tray that I've used before building this. 

For the glass, I'm using an old iMac glass but if you have a frame (or buy a frame), you can use that glass (no plexi though). Notice the high-tech piece of balsa wood that hold the screen at the correct angle. Note that the sound insulating tiles are not there to insulate anything, they just make the screen darker. 

IMG_3482.jpgIMG_3483.jpgIMG_3480.jpgIMG_3481.jpg

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.