smooth scroll in screencast

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

smooth scroll in screencast

My Video Memories course occasionally uses screencasts of Google Search results to help my students locate public domain resources they can use for their Video Memory development.  My screencasts are a bit jerky as I try to scroll down those results using the scroll wheel on my mouse. Is there a technique that will help smooth that scrolling?

I'm using  FonePaw software for the screencast capture from Chrome version  80.0.3987.13 on a Dell Inspiron 15-3567 laptop running Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.657. I use the ShotCut video editor version 20.02.17 for course development.

3 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

What is the frame rate set to in the settings for FonePaw?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @FrankKane : HD 1080p 25fps. 

ShotCut is rendering my screen capture properly. It's my uneven scrolling with my mouse on the browser screen that I'm trying to compensate for. To scroll using the mouse requires me to lift my finger off the wheel about halfway down the screen as my finger is not long enough.

The must be a way, however, because just now -- by mistake -- your reply and my response slowly and evenly scrolled from top to bottom.

I wonder what I did.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured out what I did. My logitech wifi mouse allows me to hold down the middle wheel. When I do that a circle icon with a dot within vertical arrows appears. Moving it in the direction I wish to scroll causes the screen to move. The faster I initially move the cursor, the faster the screen scrolls.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.