Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Which Editing Software do you use?

Hello Instructors!

We know that everyone has their own style of video creation because we’ve already seen your different audio & visual setups. But for this discussion, we’d love to know which software you are using to pull it all together?

Which editing software do you use and why do you use it?

88 Replies
DiogoAlvesd487
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

This was 100% written by chatGPT

I am using OBS and Prism Live Studio. 

1) MS Word to outline the course

2) Powerpoint or Keynote for slides

3) Camtasia for screen recording, audio recording, and video editing

4) Audacity to add effects if needed to the audio

I've been using iMovie since the start, but only because it came with my Mac! I've been forcing myself to figure out how to make it work (mainly since I don't want to buy a camtasia or finalcut). So far I've only run into a single limitation - it only allows 2 layers of video.

This means I can do a green screen, but NOT overlay a graphic... OR I can overlay a single graphic, but not a second one.

So far it's only been a mild annoyance, but given it's a free product I'm ok with that...

Yes Imovie got some limitations in terms of layers for graphics. Maybe you can try to record it with Quicktime and then use this screen recording in Imovie?

I utilize a combination of software tools to bring my video content together.  Employ Clipchamp for screen and audio recording, Audacity for audio enhancements, MS Word for creating comprehensive course outlines, and MS PowerPoint for designing visually appealing presentations.

Clipchamp serves as an excellent solution for capturing both my screen activities and accompanying audio. If require to ensure optimal audio quality, I rely on Audacity, a widely-used open-source audio editing software.

MS Word acts as my go-to word-processing software for creating detailed course outlines. Its versatile formatting options enable me to organize and structure my content effectively, ensuring clarity and coherence in my teaching materials.

Lastly, I leverage the power of MS PowerPoint to craft captivating visual presentations. With its abundant features, including slide transitions, animations, and multimedia embedding.

Obrigada pela dica.

Camtasia. HOWEVER.....not very happy with it. In terms of effects (for instance on screen words), it is incredibly limited. So, we are looking for something better. But what we currently have made, is made with Camtasia. 

I'm all in with Camtasia, but I wish there were more audio editing tools.  What exactly are you trying to do with Camtasia?  Are you talking about closed captioning?  Just curious.

Stan

I use it for screen casting in general terms and never for closed captioning. That latter option is done by Udemy. 

I used Invideo and IMovie before.. Now moved to Camtasia and loving it.

Obs for recording, editing I use Snapy.ai - I basically, don't edit my videos anymore. It's the best stack afaik.

OBS for screen record & Snapy.ai for video editing. It's the simplest workflow to i've used so far. Used primere pro before.

OBS for Recording + Snapy.ai for Editing 10/10.

Also using Camtasia and recently started using the Audiate companion software to edit my audio. E.g. cutting out the pauses, which is really making editing a lot easier and quicker.

Camtasia and Audiate

Camtasia.

You guys have helped me a lot. I launched my first course a couple weeks ago. I used Davinci Resolve and OBS. It’s been quite a journey learning to use the tools and I can’t quite believe I’m the author of a course now 😊

I try to record everything in a good way so there is not editing needed. I use quicktime , a good webcam, a good microphone plugged in the computer and then record everything with screen recording. I am filming myself in a small studio with a nice background and two lights. 

Hey all,

I started off with iMovie because it was free and happened to be on my Mac. It served me VERY well, until I realized I needed more than 2 layers of video (e.g. my talking head, and 1 overlay wasn't enough). Unfortunately I only figured that out AFTER I had edit 75% of a new course...

So, I got a tool that met my needs - Davinci. It's got waaaay more features than I'll ever use, but more than meets my needs for multiple layers, audio, uploads, etc.  The learning curve (for me) was more of a vertical line, but it's also a fun challenge to learn how to use.

I used to use TechSmith Capture , it had quite some options that was before I started using Camtasia it serve my requirements quite well

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors