Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-MISC tax forms are ready

RyanJaress
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Tax season has arrived in the United States, and so have 2022 tax forms for US instructors! If you submitted form W-9 (for US persons and businesses), you should be able to access Form 1099-MISC summarizing your 2022 Udemy earnings and withholding at this point. You can view your form and securely download a PDF of it in your Payout & Tax Settings page. A physical copy will also be mailed to you at the address you provided when you submitted your most recent tax information.

Note that if you submitted a W-9 and 1) filed as an S or C corp, or 2) earned less than $10 on Udemy in 2022, you will not receive an end-of-year tax form. 

Non-US instructors can expect Form 1042-S summarizing US-sourced earnings and withholding by the end of February. You can read more about what to expect from end-of-year tax reporting in our Help Center.

Feel free to jump in below if you have general questions about the process of receiving your end-of-year tax forms. If you have questions specific to your account or your form, please contact Instructor Support. Note that we can’t give tax advice, so any questions about what to do with your form once you’ve got it should be addressed to a tax professional.

Teach on,

Ryan

9 Comments
FlorendaMcD224
Observer
Observer

How to update the address on the tax form?

ChandraLingam
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

@RyanJaress - I do not see my 2022 1099-MISC forms in the Payout & Tax Settings page.  I could see only the 2020 and 2021 tax forms. I did have a business name, entity type change (LLC to S-Corp) and address change during the last quarter of last year and submitted updated W-9.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ChandraLingam You can submit an email request to our Support team here. The team would be able to provide you with information about your account.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

ChandraLingam
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Yes, @ElianaC! I already submitted a ticket and issue is now resolved (Thanks Gladys!)! I forgot to update this thread.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Awesome @ChandraLingam Good to hear your issue is resolved now! 

Veasna, M.
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

What will happen if I don't submit the new form?

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Veasna, M. If we don’t have your tax form on file, we will be required to apply the maximum withholding rate of 24% for all sales. Learn how to securely submit your tax forms to Udemy.

Eliana Cerna

CarolConstant
Researcher
Researcher

Hi there Ryan, 

I have just received my 1042-S form. 
First year here. 
I live in a country with double taxation agreement with the US. 
I already pay taxes here.
Am I right to suppose this form is just informative for me to do my taxes here? 

I am not required to upload anything to the US tax authority at this point correct? 
Thank you,

Carol 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CarolConstant I'll recommend you send an email to our Instructor Support team with your inquiry so they provide you more information.

Eliana Cerna