Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Champions Wanted - Applications are open

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Hello!

The Community team is excited to announce that we are currently seeking applications to join our super user program, the Community Champions

What is the Community Champions Program?    

The Community Champions program seeks to empower and reward the super users of the Udemy Instructor community. The program is designed to elevate the instructor experience for all instructors through thoughtful mentorship, meaningful dialogue & access to the Udemy team.

You can learn more about the requirements & perks in our Community Champions Reference Sheet.

This is a great opportunity to help shape the future of our instructor community (and Udemy as a whole)! If you’re interested in becoming a Community Champion, apply here.

Applications will close on Wednesday, November 30, 2022.

26 Comments
AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

hi @ChrystieV 

Happy to know about open positions for the role of community champion for the instructor community.

Just a heads up...the links mentioned in your post do not open on phone when clicked. If we open the website of our community on a desktop, laptop or mobile phone however, the links open fine.

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AnupShukla Thank you for letting us know. I will investigate & remedy the issue.

RafaqatAli938
Observer
Observer

This is an honour for me to join you. Thank you for letting us know.

peter_dalmaris
Community Champion

Yes, I'm keen to help new instructors!

One of the requirements is "Publish 1 unique post in the community each month". I participate in the occasional discussion but am not as prolific as others.

Having said that, I have submitted my application!

Interesting, this is a nice initiative.

The posted link in the article called "Community Champions Reference Sheet" opens a document which only contains Lorem Ipsum placeholder text.

Please provide the actual document and email once it has been corrected so that I can read about the details.

Thanks

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TheTorchbearerSeries Thank you for pointing this out! Looks like someone may have overwritten the copy. It has been updated and the information is available!

krchome
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Hi Chrystie,

Yes I would like to be considered for Community Champion position. 

Regards,

Kaushik 

ismailkhuz16
Observer
Observer

Great opportunity and  Happy to know about open positions for the role of community champion for the instructor community.

RafaqatAli938
Observer
Observer

that's great for newcomers.

DrKashif
Rookie
Rookie

Excellent, I will read and let you know accordingly.

Regards

AnupShukla
Community Champion

Hi @ChrystieV 

I applied for this position about 10 days back when the last date for application submission was the 18th November. Now I see your post - it says last date is the 30th November. Is the deadline for submission extended? Do I need to re-apply?

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AnupShukla Happy to hear that you made an application to become a Community Champion! We did extend the deadline to allow more time for our international candidates to apply! You do not need to re-apply, we will be looking at all applications on the 30th! Appreciate your patience.

Cindishel
Observer
Observer

This is a good initiative. However, I'm not eligible to apply since I do not have any courses published.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Cindishel, we're glad to hear you appreciate this initiative! If you do need help getting your course published, do not hesitate to create a post in the community and we'll be more than happy to give you some tips. 😊

All the best!

RafaqatAli938
Observer
Observer

great

RafaqatAli938
Observer
Observer

This is a good initiative. However, I'm not eligible to apply since I do not have any courses published. I will published within next some days as i am making my other content for students.

3D Slasher
Researcher
Researcher

I am willing to help since I started with 0 knowledge a year ago and could not even make a thumbnail 🙂

No one can do much without a tutorial or help of some kind, especially in 3D.

Art_by_Benjamin
Researcher
Researcher

How are quarterly meetings conducted? I’m assuming it’s some kind of online thing. Is that a chat or a video chat, zoom meeting or something like that? What time is that done? How long does such a meeting last? I’m willing to apply, but if those meetings are somewhere in the middle of the night I’m obviously won’t be able to attend.

RafaqatAli938
Observer
Observer

Thanks to remind me

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Art_by_Benjamin, thank you for your interest and for asking such great questions!

The quarterly meetings are 1-hour long video chats hosted by our Senior Community Manager via Zoom. Upon getting accepted for the Community Champions program, you receive an invitation to a private group where we communicate and plan in advance for upcoming meetings, which usually happen during US business hours (9 am-5 pm), always on weekdays. 

We will always try to accommodate everyone's time zones. Ideally, we would love for everyone to be present, but we understand that having champions from all over the world means sometimes not everyone will be able to join. If for any reason you can't attend, we just ask that you let us know and we can share any important updates with you. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds great @RafaqatAli938, best wishes for your new course! Feel free to post in the community and let us know if you need any assistance along the way. 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Art_by_Benjamin
Researcher
Researcher

Thank you Bella for the extra details and explaining it some more.

RafaqatAli938
Observer
Observer

Thank you Bella for the extra details. I love this 

KIgiri
Observer
Observer

Looks interesting. But I guess I'll have to wait till a few months after my second course is published. Good move.

ismailkhuz16
Observer
Observer

thank you very much for explain details