Friday Giveaway - What feature would you like to see on Udemy?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Giveaway - What feature would you like to see on Udemy?

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy Friday Instructor Community! 

Today is the last day of our giveaway! We hope that you have enjoyed celebrating with us!

Each day this week we gave away “I Teach with Udemy” t-shirts to the first 10 instructors who answered a daily prompt. And today we are excited to share our very last prompt with you!

Today’s prompt is: What feature would you like to see on Udemy?

*Limit one per person

39 Comments
Alexia
Mentor Mentor
Mentor

Community with students related to topics. So, leadership is one topic where instructors with courses on leadership could blog and students could join the topic of leadership. 

DanieldelRío442
Observer
Observer

It would be nice to have coupons that could be more personal and usable just one time. ie. A coupon that you like an instructor can give to a unique student. It is the only thing it comes to my mind now haha

TechiWIZ
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

I would like to see more details of courses in tool marketplace insights for the future plan.

Florian_
Observer
Observer

I would love to see a feature that connects learners with each other more directly, for example via a video study session!

CarlosDeLeon
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

I would like to have A/B testing for the CLP, which includes at least the ability to test the course title/subtitle, description copy, and promo video.

DanielBlanco
Observer
Observer

More advanced stats in the dashboard!

NataliaS
Researcher
Researcher

1. My bookmarks on the videos are visible to all students.

2. My and/or students comments under the videos.

3. Personal and unlimited on time coupons.

LizBrownUX
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

A better mobile app 🙂 

Mubeen
Observer
Observer

I would like to see " increase the coupon numbers as 5"

AHardin
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

An integrated discussion board, rather than just the Q&A

debra1111
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Better discussion board 

debra1111
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

The students could have more accountability with a better discussion board 

LizBrownUX
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Also, I would like to see the students' answers to the quiz questions I put into the course. That way I'll know how they are doing, and judge the quality of my teachings, but also so I'll know if I have good quiz questions, that are not being misunderstood, or need improved wording, etc. 

MAShivakuma417
Observer
Observer

User interface 

mmanaliz
Observer
Observer

Öğrenciler bazen videoları yükleyip para iadesi yapıyor. İade yapmak en doğal hakları ama iade yapmak için kurs videolarının bir bölümünü izlemeleri yeterli. Belirli bir bölüme kadar izledikten sonra kursun iyi mi kötü mü olduğuna karar verebilirler. Tüm videoları izlemeden, bilgisayara yükleyip iade yapanları, bu art niyetli kullanımı engellemek adına iade için ya video izleme sınırı ya da iade süresinin  daha kısa hale getirilmesi iyi olabilir.

DanFreeman305
Observer
Observer

I'd like to see a usable whiteboard, one that allows me to see what artwork my students are creating and affords space for real-time comments

SufaniGarza078
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

A general student search bar so we can search any student outside of a course and find the courses they have taken and %complete.

Bulk coupon maker which is coming soon but not soon enough. Sufi

skknodax
Observer
Observer

A little faster auto-generation of captions of published lectures.

AmilaKalhar557
Observer
Observer

I would like to see better review system.

debra1111
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Features to encourage completion. A LinkedIn badge would be good. Or a feature that shows when other students complete a % and the entire course to add some gamification. 

Ranjithvasudev
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

How about adding poll options on monthly announcement feature! 🤗

SEAbhishek
Observer
Observer

Firstly the website or app of Udemy is already designed very best. 

But every people have their own perception so in my view that there should be more features added regarding caption generation and no redemption on unlimited redemption coupon code. And I think you must add a option for school aided (it just a type of scholarship for those students who suffering from low money or poverty) with every course as most of the students are not able to buy the course but they want to buy it for their further studies ( as the corona period make this situation more worst) as for this you must verify the student that he/she able to buy it or not for this they will fill up the form in school aided option and in that form you will ask some relevant question that will verify that student is not able to buy it. And I hope this option will helpful for many needy students. And at last I just want to add that this is my request to Udemy to do this please.

Thanks

SE Abhishek

MichaelPog
Mentor Mentor
Mentor

- Reporting on Exercises and quizzes. I want to see at least some data. Even if it's a report on how many students actually take the quizzes and do the exercises. Ideally I would like to see the answer breakdown to understand if my questions are too easy or too hard.

- A button that students can click when they complete the course which would automatically share the course link and their certificate to LinkedIn. That's super easy to implement, and it would benefit  students,  instructors and Udemy.

- Basic open-ended questions for quizzes that can take in and validate a string or a number.

BrianTrotter
Rookie
Rookie

Too late for the TShirt, I'm sure, but more details in the Emails we get notifying us about replies and questions.  I'm often on my tablet, or phone, away from my computer.  I'll get emails that say there is a new response to a question "title here", and to log in to see it.   It would be better if the response chain was in the email, and really better if I could hit reply to send back an answer.  It would greatly improve the response time for many questions in the course.

Well the learning platform is already superb but if we could have a ask a doubt feature where we can ask doubt from the instructor and they reply us in a video format would be marvellous.

SkillGems
Researcher
Researcher

At the middle of the video questions  has to come that type of interface needed  and some additional or projections of data regarding the marketplace need to develope.

GaneshPadal341
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Below options can be added. 

- Adding Polls with students

- Posting Highest Rated Instructors based on domain by Udemy

Ahsan k
Researcher
Researcher

Udemy should introduced insights for learner as well if they choose any subject

JasmineBayer
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Hi, Udemy as a platform is great for both students as well as instructors. I would like to have visibility on quiz answers and statistics . It would also be great to be able to search for a student's name in the assignment section to be able to view a student's answer sheet without having to manually search for the particular student.

A tab with quick student info such as enrolled yes, course completed -yes/no, assignment attempted yes/no, review given yes/no would be great . 

ba0708
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Direct bank deposits for international bank accounts (e.g. Wise). Not sure if that qualifies as a feature, but it's just the absolute most important thing for a lot of instructions, including myself. More important than anything you could add to the instructor UI.

Buuut, if I had to mention something, it would be to tag the traffic we sent to Udemy so we can see which traffic sources convert the best. Since we only have three coupons to work with, creating a coupon for each traffic source is not an option. Also making the referral links more reliable in terms of pricing so we don't have to rotate coupon codes every month to get consistent pricing and conversion rates.

abohmeed
Observer
Observer

The marketplace insights tool should show trending topics in the previous, say 30 days, or something. Currently, it only shows the current day topics. 

Marketplace insights is an invaluable tool, especially for new course creators.

KylePew
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I like the idea  @debra1111  mentioned above about incentives to help students complete the course. I currently use the educational announcements and the QA board to interact with students and encourage the learning process, but I think the idea of badges and "milestones" students achieve throughout the course is something that will help engagement.

SandeepKumar
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Instructors should be able to create 20 individual gift coupons that can be used by a single student only. When you send a complimentary coupon to an individual, there is always a risk of that being shared with others.

IlkinCavadovpan
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Congratz who win the The last chance 🙂

SEAbhishek
Observer
Observer

Winners of Friday giveaway??

debra1111
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

@Bella I need to update my address for the tshirt. Some of the instructors had won prior to Friday so I’m in first #10! 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share all your fantastic ideas and suggestions, our Product Team will be reading each one of them! 

Friday was the last day of our Giveaway week - we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!

The winners of Friday were: @Alexia@TechiWIZ@Florian_@CarlosDeLeon@DanielBlanco@Mubeen@AHardin@debra1111@MAShivakuma417, and @mmanaliz! Congratulations, please fill out this form to claim your prize. 

@DanieldelRío442@NataliaS @LizBrownUX already have their t-shirts guaranteed! 👕 

As a reminder, we will be reaching out to all the winners today to organize the shipping via the email you submit on the form. Once you receive your t-shirt feel free to share pictures and videos with us here in the community, we would love to see it! 😁

This thread remains open for anyone else who would like to share.

Thank you for all your contributions, and have a wonderful week ahead!

Ranjithvasudev
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Eagerly waiting for the next giveaway event 🧐 @Bella 

LizBrownUX
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

T-Shirt Winners,

Don't forget to check your junk email folder - that's where I found the email to place the order for my free shirt (enter my shipping address) 🙂