cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing a new bulk coupon creation tool

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been with Udemy for years, creating coupons is an important part of any instructor's promotional strategy. With this in mind, and in response to the requests we’ve heard from you, we’re excited to launch a new coupon creation tool that will make it easier to build your audience and manage your business on Udemy.

With this new tool, you’ll be able to create coupons for multiple courses with one simple CSV upload. Plus, you can schedule your coupons to go live any time within the current calendar month, and review all your scheduled and active coupons.

To learn more about the feature you can read this post or check out this demo video (English only).

7 Comments
peblogger
Researcher
Researcher

Used this at the beginning and it went really well, my first students were directly invited and slowly my course built up, now approaching 15k …

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

The demo video was very helpful. I am a slow learner on this type of thing and I think I got it. 

Thanks. 

GuhaRajanM
Researcher
Researcher

Nice tool, particularly if instructor has multiple course offering and wish to create discount coupons for each one of them. Earlier one need to manually create coupons and it took few hours for me, if I need to create coupon for each of my courses.  Now, I can create them in minutes using this tool.

Thanks Udemy team.👍

Thor
Community Champion

@ChrystieV 
The template has the wrong date format. 
Template has this format MM-DD-YYYY

The required format is YYYY-MM-DD

RobinHills
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Just a quick note to let you know that the bulk coupon creation tool is designed to create coupons for this month only. 

I have had real problems uploading my.csv file with dates for the beginning of next month.  No matter what date format I used, I kept getting error messages.  If I want to schedule coupons for the first week of May (it's the last week of April as I write this), I have to wait until May to create the coupons and upload the file.

GuhaRajanM
Researcher
Researcher

We will have to format sheet - date column to YYYY-MM-DD, save it as .csv and then upload and it worked for me.

Yes, I tried only with current date, haven't tried for future date. May be the programming logic is not available to upload future date / scheduled. FYI, when we create voucher manually as well, it allows to create taking the current date, right?. 

Thor
Community Champion

@RobinHills We can't make coupons outside of the current month.