Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the October 6 Site Instability

Lili
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone -

Starting at 08:30a.m. PDT on October 6, Udemy.com and Udemy for Business experienced a few episodes of site instability causing performance issues for our users. The site is stable as of 04:30a.m. PDT on October 7, and we continue to monitor the situation.

Due to site issues, some key tasks were delayed, including instructor payouts and September Udemy for Business revenue calculations. We expect these tasks to be completed by the end of the day on October 8 (PDT).

We have also extended the World Teachers' Day sale an additional day in several countries to ensure that students who experienced issues can participate in the sale.

We work hard to ensure maximum uptime on Udemy and sincerely apologize for the disruption of this incident. We continue to invest in preventing future incidents and improving our ability to respond swiftly.

If you have further questions about this incident, please ask them here.

3 Comments
UnlockHR
Researcher
Researcher

Dear Team, I am an instructor I have not received any intimation from Payoneer for the monthly payment for the last month. The expected date was 7th Oct, today is 8th Oct. Can you please check and confirm. I hope the issue gets resolved at the earliest.

Lili
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @UnlockHR - as stated in the post above, we expect the instructor payouts to be completed by the end of the day on October 8 (PDT). We apologize for any inconvenience. 

Lili
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update:

Initial Udemy for Business earnings calculations for September have completed and are in the process of posting to instructor revenue reports. However, secondary effects to the October 6 site instability caused a delay in calculating the exact withholding tax for each instructor. As a result, your withholding estimate for September currently includes the maximum possible withholding for your Udemy for Business earnings. The updated withholding calculation will be performed early next week. For more information, please refer to the post here: Udemy for Business withholding tax for September earnings