cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site maintenance tomorrow, July 17

Lili
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Instructors! Udemy will be going through site maintenance tomorrow, July 17 from 4-6am Pacific Time. The website (udemy.com) and all related sites will be down or running slowly during this time, so we recommend holding off on publishing any new courses or making edits during this time.

7 Comments
CarstenMuessig
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Was it successfully completed?

Lili
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CarstenMuessig - yes, the maintenance is now complete. 

Piyush
Researcher
Researcher

Hi Lili,

Nice to see you here as the community manager. 
I wanted to know about how Udemy promotes our courses? Because I am getting students. It it's too low for a course which is having the "hot and new" tag added. I guess, if I am not wrong, courses having the "hot and new" tag receive more advertising than those just uploaded ? Is it ? 

RajaTamil171
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Hi there,

I do not get any sales (normally getting 1 to 4 sales a day) after16th of July and I'm not sure if the July 17 Maintanence Process affected my sale. 😞

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Lili
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Piyush - Congrats on the "hot and new" badge! You're already off to a great start.

Momentum and sales will depend a lot on your topic and its competition, as well as the seasonality of Udemy promotions. Have you checked out the Marketplace Insights tool to understand where your course might be fitting into the existing supply on Udemy? Or the Traffic & Conversion page of your Performance tool? It might give you more of a sense of how much traffic is being driven to your course, and from what sources. Once you dig into it more, I recommend posting any follow questions to the Marketing forum in the Published Instructor Club.

@RajaTamil171 - While we conduced maintenance last Friday (7/17) from 4-6am PT, normal site performance returned shortly after the maintenance window. We ran tests for site stability but did not make changes to reporting. We've passed your question to the engineering team for further investigation and confirmation.

Thanks!

Lili
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RajaTamil171 - just following up on your concern: we can confirm that site performance including revenue reporting has returned to normal after maintenance. Changes have not been made to the platform. Many factors can influence course enrollment fluctuations such as promotional campaigns and seasonality. If you visit our Published Instructor Club, you will find some threads with helpful information from your fellow Published Instructors on this topic.

RajaTamil171
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Thank you @Lili for looking into this for me!

It looks like things are getting back to normal today. 

Thank you again for the prompt reply!

Raja