Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Community team is evolving

KatieBent
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

As we head into the week, I wanted to share some exciting and bittersweet news about the Udemy Community team.

First, the tough part: after many years as our lead moderator, @Abbie  is moving on from Udemy to the next great phase of her career. We're grateful for all her care and service here in the Community, and wish her nothing but the best. Abbie's last day is tomorrow, May 18—please wish her well in the comments.

Then, the exciting news: we've got not one but two new Community leaders in the wings. Chrystie and Bella have been ramping up for the last few weeks, reading your comments and feedback, thinking up programs to ensure your voice is heard across Udemy and planning ways to keep the conversation and the connection going strong. We're looking forward to introducing them both later in the month. 

In the meanwhile, you're in good hands with the rest of the moderation team. @ElianaC and @Mafer R  are still here to ensure your questions get resolution, and I'll continue to bring your conversations and concerns to the broader Udemy team.

Thanks for building the instructor community with us, as always.

-Katie and the Udemy Instructor Team

7 Comments
Irishguitarist
Researcher
Researcher

@s soon as I saw @Abbie in a post or reply I felt I was reading a real, true, considered answer and not just click and paste. I may not have always agreed with the answer/post but in my mind it was the truth delivered in the perfect balance of professionalism and friendliness. Abbie could tell me that my house was on fire but I would in my heart know that everything was still going to be all right.

Thank you Abbie and the best of luck in your future endeavors. I will miss you here. Take care. And thank you.

John K

Abbie
Retired
Retired

WOW, I'm speechless. Thank you so much for your kind words, @Irishguitarist. Working with this community of instructors has been truly rewarding and I am grateful to have had this opportunity. I wish you all much success and may you continue to be the wonderful team of instructors and awesome humans that you are! 

c73461e862f875b213548415580edb14.gif

Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank you @Abbie for all that you have done to make the community all that it is, we really appreciate it. 

I wish you great future jobs and adventures. 

Mahalo Nui.

GuilhermeMP
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I wish all the best for Abbie! And welcome Chrystie and Bella

Monica2021
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

I am wishing Abbie all the best in her endeavors. 

Hold strong. 

It was a pleasure having you with us.

csking1981
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Thanks Abbie!

You were for me the source of energy, confidence and humanity!

I miss you!

Take care

Teslax_deyem
Observer
Observer

Thanks Abbie, I wish you great future job