cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuesday Giveaway - Share your favorite student interaction

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy Tuesday! It’s time to give away more t-shirts in honor of our amazing Instructor community!

Each day this week we are giving away “I Teach with Udemy” t-shirts to the first 10 instructors who answer a daily prompt. The daily prompt will be posted at an undisclosed time each day and the first 10 instructors who respond will get a t-shirt (unless you've already gotten one -- then it'll go to the next person who hasn't)

Today’s prompt is: Share your favorite student interaction with the community.

*Limit one per person

41 Comments
JRaul_7
Observer
Observer

Hi !

at the end of one of the sections of my course, a student commented in the Q&A forums using pictures of a real life case that he was about to solve using what he learned in class, I liked it a lot because besides the good quality of the images several students can learn by looking at the pictures that the classmate shared and reviewing the course videos that deal with that topic

Holotna
Observer
Observer

One of my students liked my course so much that he started to give me all kinds of feedback on how I could get more students. I thought it was funny but he did have some good points nevertheless.

Vlad_B
Observer
Observer

Hi Everyone!

I do two things on Udemy:

- create my own courses

- and also translate popular courses from English to Russian (in a proper co-instructor mode).

One of my best student interactions was the following: one student told me that my translation was actually even better than the original English version. 🙂

Cheers,

Vlad.

MauricioJV
Observer
Observer

Hola, soy Mauricio y tengo un curso de matemáticas, he tenido muchas buenas interacciones, les gusta como son mis videos y piden que haga más cursos para que sigan aprendiendo conmigo, es una sensación muy bonita para cualquier profesor. 🙂

SristiSambha
Researcher
Researcher

Currently my course is for free, so till now I have not interacted but soon I am thinking to convert to paid and I would love to intract with them.

ClassCreatives
Observer
Observer

Stating that our course was one of the best on the platform, it inspired us to continue providing updates and creating new courses

AlexanderKh707
Observer
Observer

My favourite must have been the first interaction I ever had with a student. It was a short one, where the student asked me a few quick questions and thanked me for my course. But from the nature of the insightful questions and from what he wrote, I could see the impact my course was having and the benefit and depth of understanding it gave to this one student. It was truly a great first victory for me on the Udemy platform.

ekmelcetin
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Hello

A student of mine asked many questions, everyday he asked 2-3 questions. This lasted for 1 month, he gave many thanks to me and then I saw he gave me 3 stars 🙂

Juseco007
Researcher
Researcher

Hi, there.

I'd like to share my favorite student Interaction.

Three months ago a person from Mexico bought all my English courses. He was pretty excited about the challenge of learning a new language. Every single day I got a question from him. For sure I cleared all of them. The most interesting thing was that over the past two months he has gained more fluency and has corrected his grammar. Nowadays he's the person who shares my posts or my messages in order to encourage new students to join my courses.

This is another way of saying "Thank you, instructor"

Juan_Villalvazo
Researcher
Researcher

My favorite was when one of my students told me that because of my course he land his first programmer job and I felt full pride for my student : D

NoorAldeen
Researcher
Researcher
This is my favorite massage

A very good recap of the entire process. I will his videos over and over.
K_Rajmani
Observer
Observer

yes i have answered successfully check the prompt on twitter ..

jaatishrao
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

This is one of my fav.

03.jpeg

ThomasJanssen
Observer
Observer

A student whom thought they would never learn python (programming is so difficult 😓) and informed me they finally mastered it because of my course! This really motivates me to keep making an impact with low barrier courses!!

askomdch
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

"please help me" and "please create a course on xyz topic" - I get this often on Udemy and LinkedIn. This is enough to get motivated and create more and more courses that matters.

KylePew
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I got a review that made me laugh. It said...

"You're not McDonalds, but I'm loving it!"

IlkinCavadovpan
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

I want too win. BELLA 

IlkinCavadovpan
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

What do you think about what is hacking). Thank you dear moderator

princepatni
Researcher
Researcher

My favorite student interaction was when one of my student sent a message that my 'Spotfire Interview Questions' Course was a great help to prepare for her interview and she has actually landed for a job via that !

I felt like 'Mission Accomplished !'

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

So many great stories, thank you all for sharing! We are very moved by all these student comments, they demonstrate how truly incredible our instructors are.

We already have our 10 winners of the day 🎉  Congratulations @JRaul_7@Vlad_B, @MauricioJV@ClassCreatives@AlexanderKh707@ekmelcetin@Juseco007@Juan_Villalvazo@NoorAldeen, and @jaatishrao! Please fill out this form to claim your prize. 

Bella_0-1635884887835.gif

Thanks @Holotna and @SristiSambha, you also scored a t-shirt on our previous giveaway post🙌

Thanks for commenting, @K_Rajmani, please note that your response to the prompts must be posted here in the community in order to be eligible for the prize. 

If you didn't win this time, don't be discouraged, we'll be posting one question per day until Friday this week. Stay tuned for our next posts and be sure to be amongst the 10 first instructors to comment, you definitely still have a chance to win!

This thread remains open for everyone, feel free to continue sharing your experiences, we love reading each one of them! 😁

Juan_Villalvazo
Researcher
Researcher

Thanks @Bella and Udemy Team : ) I will fill out the form 

SristiSambha
Researcher
Researcher

Hi @Bella, There is an option to link to giveaway post in the form, what to link and how to?

Alexia
Mentor Mentor
Mentor

When a student reached out to learn more about something that is in my course. I sent him more information, adding a lecture and materials to expand on the topic. Also, a review stated my course is 'unique.' True

SEAbhishek
Observer
Observer

Hi,

I have provided my course which is related to computer networks and thousands of students have been joined my course and my course rating is also very good and I have provided quiz at last of each section which helps the students to check their performance and most of the students like my course.

And I have already answer it properly please check on Instagram.

Thanks

03.11.2021_10.14.21_REC.png

Cheers

SE Abhishek

SristiSambha
Researcher
Researcher

Hi @Bella , There is an option to link to giveaway post in the form, what to link and how to?

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SristiSambha, you just need to add the link of the post where you won the t-shirt. 🙂

YunusOrak
Observer
Observer

Hi Everyone!

One of the best interactions was when one of my students came 1st in the competition with the algorithm he wrote and when he came to me, what he said: ' Teacher, I used the algorithm on your site' and he wanted to donate the prize to the school.

serchagoyavilla
Observer
Observer

I am about to publish my fist course in UDEMY, with a course of Qualitiy Assurance for LaboratoryTechnolgists, I don’t have any anecdots for now, but I am very excited to start this journey. 

KristenSantana
Observer
Observer

My first interaction is still my favourite. It was such a powerful and rewarding feeling to know I had helped someone on the other side of the planet. Amazing!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Eu não publiquei meu curso porque ainda preciso gravar mais uma aula e postar os exercícios mais eu vou publicar assim que eu terminar o curso.

NoorAldeen
Researcher
Researcher

@Bella

Hi Bella, Actually I submitted the form on Tuesday to claim the prize in response to your mention, but I did not receive any email yet about that!

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @NoorAldeen, thanks for asking about this! We will be emailing all the winners with the next steps once the giveaway week is over. We still have one last giveaway tomorrow. Rest assured we will reach out to you via the email you gave us on your form. 🙂

NoorAldeen
Researcher
Researcher

@Bella 
First, Thank you all in Udemy for this Great idea, generally, I asked because the form says the email will be in 24 - 48 hours!
But sure no problem and have a nice day Bella!

TameraDion
Community Champion

This will Forever be my favorite review we have ever gotten on Udemy.

1BD6FB89-8200-4B06-A980-18B733645E33.jpeg

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience @NoorAldeen, have a great weekend! 🙂

Maged-Koshty
Community Champion

MagedKoshty_0-1636480791215.png

SristiSambha
Researcher
Researcher

Hi @Bella , till now I have not received mail about giveaway

Rohinii24
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Thats nice.. let me see if i am lucky for that😉

Rohinii24
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Hey @Bella  students are giving me 4 star even so many 5 stars also. Some students sent me email and ask querries. As i solved it they sent me thanking msg also.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SristiSambha, I'm sorry to hear you haven't received the email yet. I've gone ahead and asked my team to resend it to you, as it's possible there was an issue. Thank you for your patience!

GuilhermeMP
Community Champion

My favorite one is in Portuguese, but here are other interactions which are very cool, in English too