Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on errors in automated instructor emails

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Many of you have noticed some unusual emails in the last week or two, such as Daily Digests with incorrect enrollment totals or account notices sent in error. We're in the midst of updating our instructor emails to bring them onto a new and improved email platform, and the migration process has encountered some technical challenges. Our teams are working to address these issues as swiftly as possible so you get the right emails at the right time, with the right data included. 

We'll update this thread when we have more to share. In the meanwhile, we appreciate you reporting any emails that seem odd by submitting a ticket with instructor support. We're sincerely sorry for any confusion or inconvenience this has caused.

Teach on,

10 Comments
MichaelPog
Mentor Mentor
Mentor

Thank you @ChrystieV for the update.

So far I see random data everyday in the email.

I hope it gets resolved soon.

SoyMarketer
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

I haven´t been checking them. But if they get fixed and have the correct data, it would be a lot of help and I would start using them in that case.

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Why isn't there a way to unsubscribe from just these notifications? The unsubscribe link takes you to a page where you can unsubscribe from all "helpful resources and important updates," but I just want to unsubscribe from these particular ones.

I never opted into them; they just started appearing a few weeks ago.

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FrankKane Great question, let me look into this for you!

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FrankKane It looks like there currently isn't a way to unsubscribe from just the daily digest. Ware looking at making changes to how users can configure their notification preferences, so this may change in the future.

MichaelPog
Mentor Mentor
Mentor

Hi @ChrystieV,

Is there any update on this issue by any chance?

It has been more than a month and my reports are still broken.

It now doesn't show the number of students I have in total and only shows 4 or my 9 courses on each daily report.

I got a message from Instructor Support saying that "it's now fixed", which is not.

It's very hard to track enrollments without those daily reports.

Is there an estimate on when it's all going to be resolved?

Thank you.

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MichaelPog I was also under the impression that it has been fixed. Let me ask for clarification!

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MichaelPog I just confirmed with the team that a fix has been deployed. You should see it in your next digest. Please let me know if there is anything amiss with the report.

Thank you!

Chrystie

MichaelPog
Mentor Mentor
Mentor

Thank you @ChrystieV , I'll update this thread as I get the new email.

I appreciate your help!

MichaelPog
Mentor Mentor
Mentor

Hi @ChrystieV I just checked and it looks like now it is fixed. 

All my courses are showing up in the daily report.

However, I don't see the number of total students in the daily report as we used to in the old system.

It's not a huge deal but it is a degradation in terms of what we get from the report, after Udemy's migration to the new system.

Is your team aware of it and will it be addressed?

It was nice to have that in the report.

Thank you!