Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates: Section movement and Q&A upvote sorting are now live

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

We hope your week and your latest teaching endeavors are both going well! 

Today, we're excited to highlight two upgrades our Instructor Experience team recently released to make it easier to build and manage your courses.

• Section movement in the curriculum editor

Historically, to move a whole section in your course curriculum, you needed to move each component of that section individually. For instructors with a lot of curriculum items in one course, this could be a very frustrating, time-intensive process.

Now, when you move a section, the lectures that are part of it will come along for the ride. Simply drag the section header to its new location – when you let go, the accompanying lectures will appear with it.

• Upvote functionality in the Q&A dashboard

You can now see learner upvotes in your Q&A dashboard, add or remove your own, and sort questions by the number of upvotes they've received. 

Learners upvote each other's questions when they share the original asker's issue, or when the question contains great insight about the course material. We hope that being able to see and sort by upvotes helps you prioritize your most important questions and better understand where your learners are getting stuck. 

As usual, we're eager to hear from you! Give one of these new features a go and let us know what you think in the comments.

Teach on,

Chrystie

5 Comments
DiogoAlvesd487
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Really cool changes, especially the upvoting. Thanks for the update!

DonnaAPeterson
Observer
Observer

I agree with @diogoalves487 the upvoting looks like a great feature.   New to the Udemy platform and offering courses.   I will be interested to see what sections need to be refined for a better experience.    Thank you.

AxelRittershaus
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh man, how amazing it is being able to move sections around! Thank you!!!

SilWright
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

I'm excited about the Section Movement option; I am creating a new course and still undecided as to the best location of one of the Sections. This will any change in course location much easier to manage. Thank you.

LizBrownUX
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Awesome! Great updates, thank you!