Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating the Revenue Report for improved channel attribution

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone!

As we wind down from the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale, we wanted to highlight some upcoming changes to your revenue report that will go live in mid-December. These changes are designed to make sure we're continuing to provide accurate, actionable information about your course sales.

Here's the short version:

• For sales not driven by your promotions, it will take up to 72 hours to assign a specific channel attribution. Don't worry, you'll still see sales and earnings information promptly! To ensure we allow time for all relevant attribution data to come in before a sale is attributed to a more specific channel like "Ads" or "Organic," we'll show a placeholder of "Udemy-driven" until we're confident we can identify the channel primarily responsible for driving the sale.
  • We're adding a new course filter to the monthly summary of performance by channel so you can easily see any individual course's performance across channels. This should save you a trip to Excel or Google Sheets, and help you make decisions on how to package or target your content to different audiences.

You can read a more detailed summary of these changes in the Teaching Center. As always, we welcome your feedback and suggestions here in the Community.

9 Comments
AxelRittershaus
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Wonderful, looking forward to it. I was often too lazy or busy to run an export, import, filter data, etc. Having it all within the Udemy dashboard makes it much easier.

Thanks!

Rahul Iyer
Community Champion

Wooohooo! Both of these updates are exciting @ChrystieV Thank you for sharing! 😊

Joshua George
Community Champion

The course filter options sounds awesome!

Thanks for the update. Welcome developments.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Have these changes been implemented? I can't figure out how to see them in my report. 

AsogwaMark
Observer
Observer

This update is an awesome development. Udemy for life 🎈

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LawrenceMMiller, yes, the update in the revenue share has been implemented. You are now able to see a break in your sales, by course. 

ThomasMitchell
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

@ElianaC .... I can't seem to find this info anywhere. It's not clear where these breakdowns are. Nothing in my reporting looks any different from what I can tell. I don't see any reports called "monthly summary of performance by channel", to which you are referring. Nor do I see any course filters anywhere.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ThomasMitchell we have confirmed that we've experienced a delay and the revenue report update has not yet been rolled out to all instructors but we will share an ETA as soon as we can.