cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our new brand!

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello instructors! Today is the day we officially launch our new brand. You’ve probably noticed already that things look a little different around here. This total refresh of our look and feel was made with you in mind.

We invite you to head over to the Teaching Center to get more details on what’s new, and why we think this makes an even better Udemy for all of us. You can also get our new brand kit for use on your website and social media.

And hey, we would love to know what you think. So let us know in the comments!

Learn more here: https://teach.udemy.com/a-new-look/

125 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SharonRamel Yes, it is frustrating. On top of the copyright infringement issues that they never address. Thousands of courses exist on various websites selling stolen Udemy courses and they never do anything about it, even when we contact them and file whatever we have to file with their third party of choice that's supposed to help with this. That too is a company issue, not instructor level. I flag things, I file DMCA takedown requests, but there are thousands of instructors and the pirated material comes from Udemy and not other platforms - the logo is visible, their name is used... "Buy cheap Udemy Courses"... So, company issue.

This and many other things make me not give a **bleep** about their new logo and visual identity. It looks even cheaper and with no concept behind it... "North". You have to explain that to everyone, it's not straightforward. It looks like an "u" with a misplaced accent symbol on it.

They can choose to be an educational platform or the eBay of online courses. Soon to turn into Craigslist.

SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

You made me laugh @Anonymous regarding the bizarre north symbol (I call it a hat) - my immediate thought was which language is this from! I am familiar with the Swedish, French and German letter accents.

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Human-Science I assure you I am not ignoring your request. What I have been doing is working to get a more formal response from the team. I expect to have one early next week at which time I will update the original post. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SharonRamel @Human-Science Moderator @ChrystieV edited my post with a "bleep" and now it seems even worse than what I said. 😂 Job well done, and disrespectful in not addressing my claims.

Btw, moderator, my formulation was informal, not vulgar. Any dictionary would've clarified that.

Here, bleep the one from Cambridge:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/**bleep**

Update: 😂 Apparently, it's not the moderator with the editing. It's the AI... lovely.

Pino
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

@Anonymousonce you write your post you can use the Preview to see the bleeps that are generated by the stupid AI 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pino Thank you. I don't think I've ever gotten the bleep treatment in here before... So I thought it was the moderator. It's even worse that this is automatic... I had a four-letter word, but it wasn't that one, lol.

MG
Observer
Observer

With so much tension in this thread, I thought it might be helpful for me to share this video I recently posted on LinkedIn.  I've been a Udemy instructor since 2012 (yikes, time flies 🙂 ) and this is actually the first time I visited the community. Seems to be a lot of pent up frustration. I don't want to pile on, but to be honest, I can't say that I'm surprised that instructors don't feel valued as I have felt the same several times.

SAPBuddy
Observer
Observer

@MG that is very much required video. Thanks for jumping in find some balance here. I am also an instructor from 2014 started participated recently, believe it also our responsibility to contribute to the community. Udemy grownup and went through lot of changes and challenges, hopping for better.

Abdul-baqi
Researcher
Researcher

A bold move taken by udemy which would in turn increase the performance by 110%. Congratulations on the upgrade guys!😊

Salil Dhawan
Community Champion

The amount of extreme opinions in this forum on the branding is amazing. There are such extreme opinions and then there are those who are more concerned about their personal issues! That's how it will always be in a forum so it's great to see such spirited discussion. 

PramodSamantaray
Observer
Observer

Many many Congratulations  for the new look.

The uptick with logo indicates upward movement and growth.

Growth for all-learners, instructors, community members, and udemy as 

a global community on the voyage of learning.

All The Best.

Thor
Community Champion

I can only approve the new logo, it is clear that you are paying homage to my awesome company logo and using the top T of my T rune.

/sarcasm

T-RUNE-TT-LOGO-2020-APRIL.png

Hi...I can't seem to access my published courses...they are definitely still published, but when I log in now, it shows I have no courses published...help!...Thank you.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JackieDurin803 Sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing your own courses, you probably are logged into a second account, but the best thing to do is reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com along with your course URL so the team can help you out to locate your course.

venkatramanv
Researcher
Researcher

Can you please roll back. The mobile update is horrible the fonts are too small and the color very bad selection.

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello!

I wanted to let you know that we have updated the original accreditations thread with more information. 

You can find it here: https://community.udemy.com/t5/Course-Management/Standards/m-p/84776/highlight/true#M12320

WinterHarmo786
Observer
Observer

ohhh

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @venkatramanv, I'm sorry to hear that you're having numerous issues with the mobile app update. I'll make sure to pass on your feedback to our product team.

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

WinterHarmo786
Observer
Observer

Same issue with me.....

Language Hub
Researcher
Researcher

Nice

NickolasInd234
Researcher
Researcher

This is great this new theme!

Although I will have to get used to it, it does feel alittle bare but it is definetly clean looking and pretty modern!! 

-Nickolas

😀

SaraDavies
Observer
Observer

looks really good and fresh

AbdurrahmanTekin
Researcher
Researcher

Congratulations. 🙂

RKArora
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

New Logo generated new energy and triggers a new height of enthusiasm to create new courses. After the introduction of the new logo, my sales jumped 5 times. 

Thank You Team - Udemy

Love and blessings 

RKArora
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

New logo New color 

All worked very well. Sales multiplied by 5 times after the changes made by Udemy.

Thank you very much.

Love and blessings to the Team Udemy