What do you want to accomplish this month?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you want to accomplish this month?

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy July!

This feels like a great time to look back at your accomplishments over the last 6 months and start thinking about what the next 6 months look like for you!

What is one thing you want to accomplish this month that will set you up for success through the end of 2021?

Leave a comment below!

44 Comments
DiogoAlvesd487
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I really think my soon to be holidays in one Greek Island will set me up for success 😉

Asides from that, growing my YouTube channel 🙂

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

That sounds amazing and very relaxing, @DiogoAlvesd487😊 Which Greek Island are you planning on going to? 

So glad to hear you're growing your Youtube channel, I wish you the best of luck with it! 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

SuryaNarayan
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Planned to quit everything in 6 month and dedicate full time and energy in Udemy . 

Reach the revenue $2000 in 6 months . Because to reach $1000 it take 1 year approx . 

Regualr AD in Facebook and YouTube  .  Hope God will make it true . 

Any tips from You  @Bella ..? 

Linda127
Researcher
Researcher

Hi @Bella

My goal for the next six months is to become a skilled online instructor. My passion is Computer Science. For my first course, I choose to create a programming language course. I plan to have it completed by the 14th of this month. I have little to no experience in online teaching. For the past three years, I have homeschooled my three children, ages 10, 5th grade, 11, sixth grade, and 12, seventh grade. I also attend online courses at Colorado Technical University. The plan was to graduate with a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, and then program computers for a living. However, I realized that I really do enjoy teaching and I am good at it. So I have decided to go ahead and continue to get my Masters Degree in Computer Science.

I believe that Udemy would be a great place for me to start. 

FrankKane
Community Champion

This month we're experimenting with YouTube ads, trying to drive more traffic to our channel that funnels into our courses. So far it's not really paying off, but I'll be happy just to know if it works or not so we can move on to the next idea.

Also aiming to release some meaty updates to our machine learning courses to incorporate some of the latest developments in the field. More, updated content = better.

VirajShetty265
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Will be improving my current course on Security and see if that improves my rating further

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SuryaNarayan, those are amazing plans!

I'm happy to hear about your interest in going full-time on Udemy. Although I'm not experienced in this field, I have come across a few posts here in the community where some of our instructors have shared their experiences and given super interesting tips and advice. I gathered some of them for you to take a look: 

I hope that helps, but if you need more advice, do post your questions in the Published Instructor Club, I think this is a great topic. You can also check our Stories & Milestones section for inspiration. 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Linda127, that's impressive! Your children must be super proud of being taught by you. Your enthusiasm for Computer Science is contagious and I too believe Udemy is a great place for you to become a skilled online instructor. 

We are here to provide the support you need to achieve this. We have instructors with many years of experience in the most varied aspects related to the online course creation process, marketing strategies, communication with students, and more. I'm sure you'll do great, as they say: follow your passion and success will follow you!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing, @FrankKane, I admire your focus and optimistic mindset, the simple act of learning from each business experiment and thinking in the long-term definitely pays off.

I totally agree with you, updating the course is a great way to add more value to it and keep the information relevant. 

I'll be rooting for you!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

That sounds like a great plan, @VirajShetty265. Please don't hesitate to post here in the community if you need any help along the way. 

All the best!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

SharonRamel
Community Champion

I have been experimenting with my coupon codes - making sure every YouTube video has a refer link coupon (I shorten them on Bit.Ly because they are impossibly long).  These links are also on my Instagram posts. It doesn't generate many sales however it does generate enough to make it worth it. 

Directly seems to work better than driving traffic to my website then onto my courses page through to Udemy. Classic marketing says drive it to your website - gather subscriptions - email marketing etc - which I do. However, for me, marketing through my list has never driven the sales results that many talk about. 

VirajShetty265
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

@Bella - I do have a question. I am trying to get my students who have finished at-least 50% of the course to share their experience and leave a rating. I know for a fact that many have gone beyond 80% but have not left a rating. I have only one course, so I want to promote my course by asking simply to share experience and leave a rating as per the standards laid out by Udemy. Can I send a promotional message to all students who have finished 50% and higher to share their experience? When I asked Udemy about this, they mentioned I cannot do that. They mentioned I can only ask for review within Bonus lecture. I cannot understand why though. 

There is no mention of this rule on the website

https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007512653-Rules-Against-Manipulating-or-Influencing-t...

All I want to do is send a message (Text from Udemy web page above)

"I really hope you found this course valuable, but either way, please leave a review and share your experience." 

If I cannot send above message to the students , how else do I communicate this intent ? 

Any ideas are welcome

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @SharonRamel, I'm really glad you found success in adding your referral links directly to your Youtube videos and Instagram posts. Another effective strategy is to create and share short-form content and your course’s promo video along with the referral links on these platforms to help build people’s interest and motivate them to click on the links and take your course.

We frequently have many instructors asking about how to market their courses on social media here in the community and It's super nice to know that this is working for you, so thank you so much for sharing!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @VirajShetty265, I totally understand your intention here. Our Policy Team is always best equipped to inform you about all the dos and don'ts in the platform, but I will be happy to provide more clarification about this. 

In order to keep the learning experience as productive as possible, the Promotional Emails tool has some rules around them. You can send Promotional Emails to market your new courses to your existing learners or to share coupon codes. You can also quote real learner feedback (after asking for permission) about the courses you want to promote, but unfortunately, you're unable to ask for reviews using this tool. You can find the rules and guidelines here

Now, the Bonus Lecture is a marketplace space for you to share your products, services and it is the perfect space to ask for reviews - as long as it follows the guidelines. It is also a very efficient feature, given that your students will see it right after the end of your course, which is when they are usually ready to rate their experience. You can learn more about it at our Help Center

Thank you for your understanding and please don't hesitate to contact policy@udemy.com again if you have any other questions, they're always happy to help! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

VirajShetty265
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

@Bella  I will add a Bonus lecture but most students wont reach till the end. Also, I should point out that none of the links that you sent, explicitly says not to ask for review using a regular message, educational message or promotional message. It encourages asking for reviews but does not say it should be done in a "Bonus" Lecture. 

manishpaulsimon
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

I'm going to be launching my new course! 🙂
And I plan to launch a new course every month till the end of time.

My strategy is to go all in on the first 10 days of the month and create a course. And the remaining 20 days of the month would be focused on marketing these courses through youtube, instagram and maybe ads.

And it would also be focused on focusing on myself, improving my health, long walks on the beach, and upskilling myself. 

Salil Dhawan
Community Champion

I want to work on striking balance between content creation, shooting, editing, marketing, and maintaining existing courses. I believe if you do the basics right and consistently you will be on the right path.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for bringing this to our attention @VirajShetty265. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate team.

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @manishpaulsimon, so glad to hear you will be launching a new course soon and that you plan on launching even more courses in the future! Your commitment and dedication are very inspiring and I'm positive it will bring you great results. 

Personal goals are also super important! Happy to hear you're taking care of yourself.

Best of luck!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Salil Dhawan, great plan and advice! Thank you so much for sharing with us. I hope you will soon reach your goals and have a successful year. 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Nasser67
Researcher
Researcher

Hi Bella and rest of the team,

This is my first involvement in U team... I do feel great.

My Goal is after compilation of vast knowledge and skills in Reiki, I feel obliged to share my 18 yeas knowledge with others...

I used Reiki only for my self and family 👪

I recive universe call to expand my comfort zone to share it with others.

I am preparing course in Arabic, despite all my knowledge gained is in English. 

Francisoji048
Researcher
Researcher
Thanks for this write-up. I have been battling with how I will produce my first course in udemy.I believe with hard work on my part,. I can achieve that goal before the end of the year and move on. to produce more courses.
Salil Dhawan
Community Champion

@Bella Thank You

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @VirajShetty265, good news! I shared your feedback with my team and I have an update to share in regards to your last question in this thread.

We would like to highlight that, as long as you're not sending the Promotional Email with the purpose of asking for reviews only, you can remind students to leave a review on your course at the bottom of the email.

Additionally, our Policy team enforces instructors to do this when sending Educational Announcements instead, as they are the best way of communicating with your students with relevant information about each specific course.

I hope that helps clear things up! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nasser67, welcome to our community - we're thrilled that you got involved. It's amazing that you will be sharing all your years of knowledge in Reiki here on Udemy.

I encourage you to check our First-Time Course Creation section for some helpful tips on how to get started.

We wish you nothing but the best! 😊

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Francisoji048, don't need to battle anymore - we're here to help you through all aspects of the course creation process.

My suggestion is to start by outlining your course and continuing to post any questions you may have in the community. I understand how it can be complex at times (especially if you're new to online teaching), but we have instructors from all over the world to help you with this goal  - you're not alone!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Pino
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

I'd love to publish my course (currently in Italian) also in English, French and Spanish, but Udemy doesn't even support instructor profile in multiple languages, let alone the courses 😞

VirajShetty265
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

@Bella - Thanks for the update. That's good news. Educational or Promotional announcement will work great for me. I was thinking about sending Education update and at the bottom to remind about the review. Sounds like that's what the Policy Team is recommending also. You used the word "enforces" but I think you mean "recommends" ?

Abdul-baqi
Researcher
Researcher

Well, I am about uploading my first course on udemy and I'm soo excited. I really hope the course is of great help to people who buy it. And also my YouTube channel is about to hit the 2k subscribers mark😊

Monica2021
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

I am hoping to complete six new courses which i started creating a few months ago. 

aditya-sridhar
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Launched my Second Udemy course this month. Really excited about it and hoping it will add a lot of value to the people taking it up. 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Pino, you can offer your courses in multiple languages on the platform. There are lots of instructors who offer courses in different languages by simply creating one course for each language. There is no need to create a second profile to create courses in different languages. You can find more information here

About profiles, I agree that being able to have your profile in multiple languages would be beneficial, and I genuinely understand your frustration with the fact that this is not supported on our website yet.  However, while there is no direct translation available so that your profile can be seen in many languages, I wanted to recommend some work-around solutions for you. 

1. You can write your instructor description in the respective languages. There is no limit on the maximum number of characters in the description field.
  2. As a last resource, you can create a profile for each language you will be offering your courses on. Udemy allows you to have co-instructors on your courses, so you can add each profile to each respective course. This option might be more time-consuming if you're planning on publishing many different languages, but it is possible. 

I hope that helps! Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist with. 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's right, @VirajShetty265, well observed! I hope this solution is working for you and that you're being able to get valuable reviews from your students now. 😊

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Abdul-baqi, I'm so happy to hear you will be publishing your first course very soon - that sounds amazing! I can see that you care about delivering a good quality course that will be helpful for your learners, and that's really the most important thing. 

Don't hesitate to post in the community if you need any help! 🤝

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Way to go, @Monica2021! Can't wait to see you growing more and more on the platform.

Count on us if you need help with your curse creation process! 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @aditya-sridhar, congratulations on launching your second Udemy course, that's very exciting, indeed. I wish you the very best in this new phase! 😊

We'll be here if you need any assistance or post-publish tips. 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Pino
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

@Bella  Thank you for answering. The multilingual profile is the real source of pain and frustration. If you look at my profile you can see that it begins with "- ITALIANO - (scroll down for English)", which looks very unprofessional. I really believe Udemy should make a multilingual instructor profile a high-priority upgrade.

Monica2021
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Thanks Bella.

aditya-sridhar
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Thanks @Bella. Sure, will reach out if there are any doubts

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand your perspective, @Pino. However, the proportion of instructors affected by the inability of having a multilingual profile is still small, so while we don't have plans of implementing this feature just yet, we're open to reconsidering in the future if we notice an increase in the demand.

Thank you for sharing your voice!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Dr. Calculus
Observer
Observer

Launched my first udemy course. I'm so happy 

Monica2021
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Congrats Dr. Calculus. Wishing you all the best. Keep going, don't stop. 

ChetanSharma
Rookie
Rookie

I wish to create my first Course for Udemy. I have applied my knowledge in offline and online workshops/coaching and training and this time hoping to get good response from this platform.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations @Dr. Calculus , onwards and upwards! 👏

Hi @ChetanSharma, that's amazing! Being an experienced online/offline instructor, you have a lot in your favor. Do let us know if you need any assistance along the way, though! 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community