71 Students, but 0 minutes taught? What is happening?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

71 Students, but 0 minutes taught? What is happening?

Hi, I have my first course up, and it is free.  I see that in a couple of days I have 71 people who signed up, yet I don't think anyone has watched any of the videos.  I don't see any usage in the "Course Engagement" stats.   All zeros.    Does anyone know what this all means?  Are these real students, or do some folks just join classes but don't actually watch them at all?   If so, I am just wondering why that is.

Thanks for any insights.

-Ted

3 Replies
Niels
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Students who enroll in free courses oftentimes show no real interest in the course. They just enroll, because it's free.

I tried it once, got 3,000 students in a week and hardly any significant watch time, or reviews. Offering free courses is a waste of time in my eyes. It just messes with your statistics and makes it even harder to learn and figure out, where you need to make adjustments to improve your course.

I learned that it takes time and sincere listening to become successful here. Organic growth with just a few paying students that actually take the course is far more precious than hundreds of free enrollments.

Thanks for the insight.

Im learning the same thing. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors