cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

A Few Tips To Get You Started

You do not need to spend a lot of money to get started. Here I share a few tips to help you. This short video was filmed using my four-year-old iPhone and its microphone. The green screen cost me $15aud for the material. I have an orange ring light - the only light I used for this from Amazon. The image at the end was free from Pixabay. It was edited in Screenflow which cost $149 - there is cheaper editing software out there.

Most of all practice loving the camera and allow your love and knowledge to shine through.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
5 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wonderful video, Sharon! We featured this post on the Studio U homepage as it will certainly be a great resource for instructors starting -- we hope you don't mind! 😊

Thank you so much for sharing your helpful hints! 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

This was a great help. I get so nervous in front of the camera sometimes. Thanks for the tips
SharonRamel
Community Champion

My pleasure @SaraDavies . Learn to love the camera. Spend 5 minutes a day looking at the lens to develop your relationship with it - and watch it back. Do this for a least a week and you will see yourself improve. This also gifts you the opportunity to modulate your accent if needs be (I do as we Aussies tend to rush and don't start or finish words properly). Good luck.

Sharon Ramel
Shigeru_M
Community Champion

So nice! Thanks Sharon!

SharonRamel
Community Champion

My pleasure @Shigeru_M 

Sharon Ramel
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors