Account verification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account verification

Go to solution

Hello, I'm new to Udemy, i signed up recently for a personal instructor account, and i went for the manual verification. I didn't used my proper name and family name as my account username because i don't like to use my name in public, and i thought that we can choose a random username so I've chosen a randon username instead "iskillstr".  But I didn't know that it's mandatory for Udemy instructors to use their own names as account username, because I've seen before many Udemy instructors using random usernames even alongside numbers.

So, i was obliged to use my own name and even i changed my profil photo from a logo to my personal photo. But I'm still waiting for the Udemy verification team. I need some help as soon as possible. @MariaG @Abbie 

Screenshot_20200902-145458_Gmail.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @CharbelDacc059 in this case, you need to reach out to policy@udemy.com and they will provide you more details about how your account will look like or you can just reply to the email you have received 🙂 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @CharbelDacc059 It is allowed to create an account under a pen name rather than your legal name. Please note that if your new name differs from your legal name, however, you may be asked to complete additional instructor identification steps. However, during the verification process, you need to use your legal name since you are verifying your identity. Please reach out to the policy@udemy.com so they can guide you through.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Hello, sure i used my name "charbel daccache" in the verification video and verification text, but my isername was iskills, but after udemy email, I've edited my pen name from iskillstr to my name charbel daccache because I'm not a business and i don't have an email @iskills.com

So now my account name is charbel daccache. It will works like that? Or my account will be refused? How can i solve this issue?

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @CharbelDacc059 in this case, you need to reach out to policy@udemy.com and they will provide you more details about how your account will look like or you can just reply to the email you have received 🙂 

Go to solution

Hello I am imdad my Tow account suspended. when i upload course after that i verify me course after that they suspend me. please what i do 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors