I am brand new to Udemy and have just gone live with my first course

please have a look and tell me what you think 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Muy bien. Felicidades

View solution in original post

Go to solution

@Slogger - Hello and welcome.

I took a look at your promotional video and it seems quite good. One word of caution though. I did a Udemy search on Cognitive Behavior Therapy and got over 5,000 results back. You are going to need to be patient. Somehow students are going to have to be able to find your course among the 5,000 that already exist. This won't be easy unless you are able to draw students to your course yourself. Yes, Udemy does a significant amount of marketing on our behalf but they simply won't promote a new course when there are many others that are highly rated. It's a simple matter of economics.

Also, your course is priced very high at $95. Most Udemy students simply won't pay that much for any course, especially a new and unrated course. They will just wait for the next sale when they can purchase it for $10-$12. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Go to solution

Muy bien. Felicidades

Go to solution

@Slogger - Hello and welcome.

I took a look at your promotional video and it seems quite good. One word of caution though. I did a Udemy search on Cognitive Behavior Therapy and got over 5,000 results back. You are going to need to be patient. Somehow students are going to have to be able to find your course among the 5,000 that already exist. This won't be easy unless you are able to draw students to your course yourself. Yes, Udemy does a significant amount of marketing on our behalf but they simply won't promote a new course when there are many others that are highly rated. It's a simple matter of economics.

Also, your course is priced very high at $95. Most Udemy students simply won't pay that much for any course, especially a new and unrated course. They will just wait for the next sale when they can purchase it for $10-$12. 

Go to solution

Hi Thank you so much. Is it possible to reduce the cost now

Go to solution

@Slogger - Absolutely. You can change the price at any time.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors