Advice requested

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice requested

Hello everyone! My name is Emilia, I have 22 year of experience in planning, organizing and delivering courses on communication, emotional intelligence and empathy. My career started in an international organization and at the time I have been training people in various countries and parts of the world, then I committed to family and motherhood for a while and now I believe it is time to return to international work - this time through online courses. I subscribed to Udemy yesterday have read tens of introductory articles and still I have two questions: 1) My strategy is to create a course that synthesise my knowledge and experience so far and yet I believe that as a first course it needs to be better clear and concise than thorough and detailed. So while I can perhaps create video content for 10 hours, I plan to create a 2 hour video content with supportive materials. It will still have depth and it will be skills and practice oriented. And here comes my first questions: Based on your experience please let me know if my thinking is right? Or would you rather cover all you know in a topic as a first course? 2) I am in the process of selecting a company to do the filming and finalisation of videos. Which perhaps you know is quite an investment. So here is my second question: For a first course on Udemy would you hire someone to do the video content for you or you will focus on preparing and managing it by yourself? I would appreciate taking the time to support me with your experience. Best wishes to all, Emilia

3 Replies

Dear Emilia,

As per my knowledge 

1. For the first question, I must suggest you go for a full course of 10Hours of video content with some practice content

2. For the second question, I suggest, creating your course video content you won't need any third party for that, you can do it by yourself. 

3. In the process of creating the course if you are planning for only one course here then you can hire someone for video content. But, if you are going to create no. of courses then you can evolve the new techniques as you go on.

4. Udemy's Basic Non-content need for selecting the course is Video quality and Audio quality, After creating the first video you can submit for Testing purpose.

Thank you Suraj, I appreciate your prompt reply and genuine advice. 

Thanks for the valuable words

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors