Age restrictions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Age restrictions

Go to solution

Respected Sir/Madam,

Is there any age restrictions to become an instructor at Udemy? Or can anyone of any age can teach online at Udemy?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi @Eshwar28 You don't need to be 18+ to teach on udemy you can be of any age my friend.

All the besttt !

KS

View solution in original post

Go to solution

@DYay2810

I pardon for repeated doubts. I wanted to become an instructor. Can I do so, mam? I am from India and minimum age is not mentioned for my country. I am sure that I am ok in becoming an instructor and I am confident with my topic very much as well. 

Once again I pardon for disturbance. Thank you so much for your help mam.. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @Eshwar28 You don't need to be 18+ to teach on udemy you can be of any age my friend.

All the besttt !

KS

Go to solution

Thanks a lot sir. Same to you

Go to solution

Yes, there are restrictions @Eshwar28 in general students (and instructors) must be at least 18 to create an account and take or publish courses. In the US, children ages 13+ can take courses with consent from their parent or guardian. The law varies by country. I'd recommend reading the terms for more details.

Dhhyey Desai

Go to solution

@DYay2810 

Mam, I am 16 and I wish to take a course. I am from India. Is it ok for me to publish a course on Udemy?

Go to solution

Don't think so @Eshwar28, please check the age minimum in your country.

Screenshot from 2020-06-13 11-47-08.png

Go to solution

@DYay2810

I pardon for repeated doubts. I wanted to become an instructor. Can I do so, mam? I am from India and minimum age is not mentioned for my country. I am sure that I am ok in becoming an instructor and I am confident with my topic very much as well. 

Once again I pardon for disturbance. Thank you so much for your help mam.. 

Go to solution

Go to solution

I would guess the default 18+ age would apply but I am no expert, I would recommend to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com @Eshwar28 

Go to solution

Don't Worry @Eshwar28 i am also frok India you can go ahead being an Instructor 

All the best for your journey if you encounter any problem i am here to

help !

KS

Go to solution

You were right to seeks answers rather than simply do it. 

Consulting the rules should be your general rule of thumb to avoid any complications in the future too. 

There are established instructors here who know the rules and can often clarify them for you.

As stated above and below, for emphasis; the solution in this case is to acquire parental consent.

MeryMejia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Eshwar28,  you need to be 18+ in order to publish a course on your own, in this case, your parents or legal guardian need to provide their consent. If you have any other question please contact instructorsupport@udemy.com, they'll be happy to assist.

Mery Mejia

Udemy Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors