Any tips for how to choose course topic?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips for how to choose course topic?

Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm a student who is proficient in iOS development & design. I'm looking to sell a course related to this area as its one of the niche topics I have a decent amount of knowledge in.

However, as you probably know, there are many iOS courses already on Udemy. I am not sure how I should proceed. Would you recommend focusing on a niche of iOS development? I fear if I make my course too general, it will compete directly with the top courses and fail, however, if it is in a niche that no one cares about, then it will also fail. I've seen some courses achieve decent success: ~1,500 enrollments for incredibly short, 1.5h courses. 

So all in all, I wanted to ask for advice on how I can maximize my chance of success, and any red flags to avoid when choosing my specific topic.

Thanks for all the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi @JoshArnold489

This article may help you with this: https://teach.udemy.com/course-creation/choose-your-course-topic/

You can also browse around the Teaching Center for more tips!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @JoshArnold489

This article may help you with this: https://teach.udemy.com/course-creation/choose-your-course-topic/

You can also browse around the Teaching Center for more tips!

Go to solution

Hi @JoshArnold489 

Based on my own experience, I recommend you use Udemy insight tool and google keyword planner to check which direction is better to follow. If you focus in creating online presence ; through out a blog or a Youtube channel that provides good content that helps people; and grow a following base then be sure once you create the course it'll get its room and thus success in terms of revenue at least!

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any questions if you need help.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors