Are there enough opportunities to apply what you are learning?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there enough opportunities to apply what you are learning?

Finally taken my course live and I'm startig to get my first reviews. One was very solid in everything but the "Are there enough opportunities to apply what you are learning?" question where I didn't get a rating. 

My course offers printable flash cards but other than the exam tool I feel a little vulnerable to this question. We all want 5 stars right? I'm no programmer so I can't code anything. How are people ticking this box? What tools and strategies are people using to meet this requirement?

Damion

3 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

@DamianMcKinnon

You can think about adding quizzes in your course so students can test their knowledge. There's also a way to add assignments to help your students submit their work to you. I personally don't use assignments but I do use quizzes a lot. You can also give students verbal assignments in your course to go out and practice what you teach in real life. Students want to apply the knowledge their learn so help them with that. 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Thanks Greg.  I have 4 tests in my course and I have an assignment right at the beginning - a brief one. I did include a hands-on exercise but it was in section 3 of my course. I've updated my introductory email alerting people to this exercise and that it may be something they want to start at the beginning of the course.

GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Sounds like you're covered! 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors