Are voice over artists allowed for introduction video

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are voice over artists allowed for introduction video

Hello instructors,

I have a course live on udemy and for its 2 minute promotional video, I hired a voice over artist. I wonder if i'm violating any policies by doing so.

4 Replies

Hey @MilanYadav, voiceover on courses is allowed. You may be prompted to complete additional identity verifications, however. Please allow for extra time when submitting to the Quality Review Process just in case.

If you're unsure, reach out to policy@udemy.com as our Trust & Safety team is the best equipped to help you out with this.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

@Abbie does that mean we can hire a professional freelancer to record our promo video with a voiceover?

drkrisharma
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Abbie,

I have couple of questions.

I was thinking of hiring voice over artists for my upcoming courses. I want to do it for better accent while I prepare the script, PPT, and resources etc.

1) Will I not violate any Udemy policy if the entire course is recorded by a voiceover artist? 2) If not, then what kind of identity verifications will I have to provide and of whom? I want to hire people from freelancing websites and they don’t allow freelancers to share their contacts so how do we go about that?

3) How many days my courses approval in this case delay when compared to normal submission.

Thanks in advance.  

Hi @drkrisharma, these are all great questions! The best thing to do is contact policy@udemy.com. The Trust & Safety team is best equipped to answer these for you.

Good luck!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors