Assistance in starting course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance in starting course

Go to solution

Hey guys, I'm extremely delighted and excited to have joined this platform...

Well, I'm an IELTS and OET trainer (British certified).

I wanna start my online paid course.  I really dont know what are the steps to be followed in order to kick start it professionally 

Is there anyone out there to assist in this regard... 

Thanks 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
DeniseFletcher
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@HarisIeltsWelcome to the group. The best place to get guidance about creating your first course is https://teach.udemy.com/ ......be prepared to spend a bit of time reading / watching all the material as it is super helpful Smiley Very Happy Good Luck.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@HarisIelts,

I've produced a very popular English Writing course on Udemy using Camtasia 2018 on Windows 10.  Note that Camtasia 2018 (2019 now) runs on both Windows and MacOS.

I use the Camtasia recorder to record my computer screen as I display Microsoft PowerPoint slides giving writing information follows by screencasts of my in the Microsoft Word editor writing.  I find this to be very effective.

Of course, audio is King around here, so you should set yourself up with at least a Blue Snowball microphone with popfilter ($49) to insure your audio is the best it can be.

Armed with my Blue Yeti microphone, Camtasia screen recorder and video editor and PowerPoint I've been able to release 44 Udemy courses for moderate (e.g. $1,800/mo) revenue.

Note that none of my courses to date include talking head which is apparently very popular with students -- I've only just begun experimenting with ontions including green screen.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have questions,

---Brian

Go to solution

Great! I'll check it out. Thanks. 

4 Replies
DeniseFletcher
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@HarisIeltsWelcome to the group. The best place to get guidance about creating your first course is https://teach.udemy.com/ ......be prepared to spend a bit of time reading / watching all the material as it is super helpful Smiley Very Happy Good Luck.

Go to solution

Great! I'll check it out. Thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@HarisIelts,

I've produced a very popular English Writing course on Udemy using Camtasia 2018 on Windows 10.  Note that Camtasia 2018 (2019 now) runs on both Windows and MacOS.

I use the Camtasia recorder to record my computer screen as I display Microsoft PowerPoint slides giving writing information follows by screencasts of my in the Microsoft Word editor writing.  I find this to be very effective.

Of course, audio is King around here, so you should set yourself up with at least a Blue Snowball microphone with popfilter ($49) to insure your audio is the best it can be.

Armed with my Blue Yeti microphone, Camtasia screen recorder and video editor and PowerPoint I've been able to release 44 Udemy courses for moderate (e.g. $1,800/mo) revenue.

Note that none of my courses to date include talking head which is apparently very popular with students -- I've only just begun experimenting with ontions including green screen.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have questions,

---Brian

Go to solution

Hi HarisIelts,

Congrats.

Welcome to our community and accecpt my warmest congratulations!

It's my honor to help you to create your best course.

I'm ready to help you to create great courses or increase the quality of your teaching.

The most important matters in teaching are:

1-Enjoy the teaching!

2-Consider you are teaching to children so say everything in depth and in simple language!

3-Try diffrent methods to delivery your concept.

4- Be expert in your field of teaching.

For recording :

1- You can use something like this:

http://www.ahujaradios.com/microphones/tie-clip-series/utp-30.html

but i'm using external sound card for connecting my microphone.

2-For better quality of your voice you can use Audacity Software and use it's noise reduction filter so the result is great.

3- For capturing your screen you can use : BB flashback pro.It;s really great app.

5- In addition you can send your test video to Udemy review team they are great and will help you a lot and also you can post your video here so we can help you.

6-Also you can use Udemy help center with great topics in this link:

https://teach.udemy.com/course-creation/

7-Open My courses so there is few great Udemy free courses for how to create your course.

8- Don't worry anymore just focus on your recording and do your best.

Remember this: practice make perfect.

Regards

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors